Do you play your PRS out?

geese_com

GJ is The Way
You betcha!

These from last night. (Also sporting the PRS Forum Foosball T-Shirt) :biggrin:

I know they are PS guitars and all, but they were bought to be played. I just kept a real good eye on them all night.

Let's see your PRSi out and about!

Last edited:
Every time I play out I take at least one.
BluebirdSC250capo.jpg

BuffRoseSC250.jpg

BuffRose513.jpg

Mine, yes... those PS's might be a different story. As much as I love watching the stuff the PS department churns out, I don't think I could ever bring myself to take one out of the house if I had one. Maybe not even out of the case!

Here's some video from the gig. Open to comments and critiques. Sorry about the dark video but there weren't any lights on stage.

Hotel California. I use the piezo for the intro then go split neck for most of the song. Solo starts with neck humbucker then bridge humbucker.

My current favorite song to play. Lola Montez by Volbeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine, yes... those PS's might be a different story. As much as I love watching the stuff the PS department churns out, I don't think I could ever bring myself to take one out of the house if I had one. Maybe not even out of the case!

Naw...I bet you'd do it..... They ain't cheap...and I guess stuff does happen, but it could happen in the house too. Just last night I played a PRS PS out with a vintage goldtop Les Paul. The Les Paul sees less out of the house action, but I just got it back from a tuneup from the world's best Luthier and wanted to play it out too. The only thing I do differently with an expensive guitar in comparison with a cheaper one is that I'll put them in the case between sets instead of leaving them on a stand.

I do not.

But that's because I don't play out. If I did, I would. Oh yes, I would.

Only for about 27 years... :biggrin:

From 1986...
fc_mmLoadingZone.jpg

To last night's sold-out show:

11814fc4.jpg

11814fc3.jpg

That's the way a rock guitar is supposed to hang. You guys need bigger amps and longer straps. :p

That's the way a rock guitar is supposed to hang. You guys need bigger amps and longer straps. :p

If I hang my guitar that low, I can only see the back - I don't need a longer strap, I need a smaller gut!

We haven't had a show since I got my Grainger bass, but you bet it'll be hitting the stage ASAP. As for playing a Private Stock out, in my mind I could never justify spending that kind of money on a guitar (or bass) and NOT taking it out to every show I play. I buy the best to play the best, not to leave it in a case. No matter how nice they are, they are tools... and I have a job to do. :)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;124983 said:
I knew it was going to be that picture before I even opened the link. :rofl:

Time (for both of us) to get a new one.

I've played out with that guitar several times since, just no one took pics… :(

I am struggling with this whole concept. I think I have to use my Wood Library DGT live and it scares the hell out of me!

Back