Do you play other Instruments than Guitar?

Rockmark

Wondering if many of you enjoy other strings or wind instruments. My main is guitar but I have recently picked up harmonica (harps). I got a full set and run a mic through a small 8'' speaker w 7 watt amp. Sounds pretty good, it's fun and I've been learning quickly. How about you?

I played sax for 10 years but walked away after college. Picking it up when I cleaned one of them up for my oldest son when he started playing in junior high, was a shock. After playing guitar for decades by ear alone, I would certainly approach the instrument differently than I did before. Maybe I should blow the dust off...

Last edited:
I used to play piano and woodwinds, and also was drum major for my high school marching band. I walked away from all of that when I left school, but fortunately by then I picked up guitar. That has proved to be a lifelong affliction!

On the weekends I play bouzouki in a punk/thrash/Industrial/Indie/metalcore Greek Rembetiko band called the Flaming Gyros. Our upcoming single is called "Highway to Hellas".

WmCaUyv.gif

I enjoy the piano, though Moonlight Sonata is about the most difficult piece I've been able to learn.

In high school I played the trumpet and a little clarinet. Couldn't squeak a single note out of them now.

I do have a Cigar Box Guitar and a Banjo if you want to make redneck jokes...o_O

I bought a violin some 10 years back, and started to learn it. I could play melodies in G and D and practiced daily. I made progress and enjoyed it for more than 3 months. I managed a bit of blues and improv. But, my guitar chops started to suffer, so now it just hangs on the wall of my studio waiting. I intend using it on a song I have called Nietzsche's Yard.

I also use keys in the studio, though I am not a competent player.

One day I'm going to get a 5 string banjo. Probably wont learn that properly either.

Keys and drums--equally terrible at both. :eek:

The only instrument I really won't touch--bass.

Luckily, my band has 2 excellent bassists, soon to be three, if I can talk him into the audition.

Back