Do you only play PRS's ?

I like having a consistent musical voice. Finding it in PRS let me just play guitar, as opposed to playing with guitars.

Perfectly logical. For me, as much as I like my PRSi, I seem to fall back on one certain "other brand" about 80% of the time "when it counts", mainly because they just fit me and have helped me find my personal consistent musical voice.

I only play PRS electric. lol, I sold my PRS SE Santana and Jimmy Vaughan Strat and used the money for my PRS CE24. I should have kept the Strat though.

Perfectly logical. For me, as much as I like my PRSi, I seem to fall back on one certain "other brand" about 80% of the time "when it counts", mainly because they just fit me and have helped me find my personal consistent musical voice.

Great analysis. It became about that ‘when it counts’ thing for me, too!

I like the feeling of confidence when in my comfort zone.

I brought that very subject up to my wife. She also scoffed, but gave me permission to try it out for one night and see. At the end of the night, I brought home the $300.25 that I had earned. She counted the money and asked; "Who gave you the quarter?" To which I replied; "They ALL did." ;)
:p The old Polish hooker joke! LOL

It just hit me, that for the first time in 30 years, I own NO Fender guitars. Sold my last two a couple months ago. I do still have one Gibson (acoustic) but it's a lifer because it was my dads guitar. Haven't played it in 10 years. So, what I still have...
4 PRS
3 Taylor
3 EBMM
2 Ibanez
1 Tokai
1 Carvin
1 Gibson

PRS and Dean hardtail get all the practice time from me while the strat watches us from the wall hanger. I also have a LP kit guitar I built out in the pool house that I play around with out there for fun but it doesn't play too well to be honest....looks cool as hell though so there is that...LOL

Electric guitars, yeah all PRS. If they’d only get around to making nylon strings...

If you are looking for good nylon string guitars that are playable for electric guitarists, you may want to check these out. I looked high and low for a nylon string guitar that would allow me to use my thumb when playing bar chords.
http://www.sandguitars.com/satisfied.htm

Whenever I pick mine up, I cannot put it down. I am fortunate enough to live 15 minutes from Kirk's shop in Laguna Beach.

I have the following
1. Martin Acoustic
2. Kirk Sands Nylon String
3. 4 PRS guitars
4. 3 Fender Guitars

I love them all!

All of mine that count are PRS. Got a Tele lurking in the background that gets played every once in a while.

Went on a tear last year and depleted the collection a lot. Weirdly, between that point and now I have more than I started with. Odd...

No, I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe, a Custom Carvin (22) years old, a Kiesel which is very good, they are my Electrics

I mostly play my 513 but currently have the following:
PRS 513 BRW (gets 90% of my playtime at home, if I lost my mind, I could only keep this one! :eek::rolleyes:)
PRS Custom 24 (I love how it sounds and plays, prefer 22 frets nowadays, but this could change since I was playing 24 fret guitars most of my life)
Ibanez S2120x (I keep it for the L.R. Baggs Piezo and it is a super comfy 22 fret guitar to take to jams)
Ibanez RG550 (I bought it new in 1990, played it exclusively for many years, can't sell it)
Fender 1986 Japan Contemporary Strat with factory Kahler trem (been in the family since new, can't sell it)
Ibanez RG7620 (You never know when you'll need a 7 string, never used it in years)
Ibanez JPM 7 String project (Still needs clear coat but has a super nice quilt top.)
Ibanez RD707 bass with some upgraded DiMarzio pickups (Used for recording)

Once you get used to a PRS, sometimes it’s hard not to find common flaws in other brands. I just have a mechanical eye for stuff like that. Sometimes it’s a curse.
I recently really wanted to get another strat after not having one for 10 yrs... thanks PRS...lol, but after 2 months of hunting, I just wasn’t comfortable pulling the trigger without hands on. Especially after 50/50 reviews on different models I was looking at. So I just went with the inevitable choice...Silver Sky. I’m glad I did anyway. Great phenomenal guitar!
I was looking at the Gibson 339 too, but only because the Prs hb2’s are so expensive.

I used to have an Ibanez Prestige, and a Jackson Solist... sold them both and used the money to buy a second PRS!

Electric - Yes I only play PRS
Acoustic - I have a Larivee

Back