Do you only play PRS's ?

I plan to spend my 491k on guitars and support myself by turning to prostitution under the alias Fred Garvin, Jr.

My wife says it will be a short retirement.

I brought that very subject up to my wife. She also scoffed, but gave me permission to try it out for one night and see. At the end of the night, I brought home the $300.25 that I had earned. She counted the money and asked; "Who gave you the quarter?" To which I replied; "They ALL did." ;)

I have an awesome Fender Eric Johnson Strat that I play a lot. I've got some other electrics but I play my PRSi more than the others. My acoustic is a Martin.
I also have an awesome Eric Johnson strat. A 2005 model. I've been playing it a lot over the summer and the more I play it the more I appreciate how good it is (and how good value they are second hand!). The only thing I've really changed is to put a Callaham bridge on it - and that was mostly because I had it lying around and though the stock trem bar was too soft - kept bending it!

For the most part I'm all PRS, I do have a handful of ESP's that I play as well and my one 7 string Jackson Juggernaut. Ive slowly gotten rid of the ones that weren't being played and kept the ones I liked yet I'm still somehow at around 20 guitars.

I gotta have a Tele and a Strat too, but they get little play time now.

For my blues/rock and most practicing, PRS all the way (Custom 22 and Stripped 58).
For my Black Sabbath tribute band I have 4 Gibson SG's.
For my Slayer tribute band I have 2 Jacksons with Floyd Rose.
I love my PRS but they just don't work for some things for me... But every time I pick one of them up it's "Ahhh..." :)

For my blues/rock and most practicing, PRS all the way (Custom 22 and Stripped 58).
For my Black Sabbath tribute band I have 4 Gibson SG's.
For my Slayer tribute band I have 2 Jacksons with Floyd Rose.
I love my PRS but they just don't work for some things for me... But every time I pick one of them up it's "Ahhh..." :)

A Slayer and a Sabbath tribute band? You’re alright, Sekunda.

100% - They just seem to be what works best for me and the music I create. Reliable as can be and consistently delivering the tones I need.

I've been through most of the major brands, but PRS is just what works for me.

No, but they represent five of my ten guitars, and I may be selling a couple of the non-PRS soon. I like my others which consist of Gibson Historic and Fender CS models, but seem to nearly always reach for a PRS first.

And although my PRS collection includes a PS and similarly upper level models that I cherish, it's my trusty, unmodified '06 Cu24 AP that still fills the role of my 'comfort guitar'.

I have 7 core 1 se prs.that's all I gig with. One G&L I bought new in 1983. My first real guitar. I have one custom made guitar too but gig time, it's prs

I play 5 diff. PRSi but when I want to shred I switch to either a Tom Anderson Angel or one of my EBMM JP models.

If I wanted to I could absolutely own only PRS and nothing else and be happy. But I do own a few Heritage guitars because I like the vintage mojo of playing an actual classic instrument which was made the old way in the original factory that Orville Gibson made mandolins in after the turn of the century. (Early 1900's. Also the same factory, equipment and people that made the 1959 Les Paul guitars.) Not only that, my official Blues Guitar is a Heritage H-535. I love the solid body PRS guitars that I own but PRS doesn't have anything (imho) that compares to the semi-hollow blues machine of a 535. (Similar to a Gibson 335) I'm not a fan of the PRS semi-hollow body guitars.

Last edited:
Does owning two Gibson Reissue but never playing them count?

...then yes. Only PRS

On the other hand, I feel that life is too short to waste time playing guitars that aren’t PRSes, since they have the tone and feel I love.

It’s all a matter of point of view. :)

Absolutely. I feel comfortable knowing what I like and what I don’t like at this point in life.

Nope. I'm lucky to have a few different electrics, and try to play all of them in a kind of rotation at our gigs. Having said that, the P22 goes to every gig because of the "P."

Other electrics: Thorn, Zemaitis, Fender, Warmoth

Acoustics: PRS, Breedlove

Back