Do you only play PRS's ?

banditcosmo

I have four awesome PRS's that I got within the last 6 months, a S2 Starla, custom 22 Artist, 408, and a McCarthy hollowbody II (all used except the Starla) but I'm still thinking about buying either an Epiphone ES 339, Les Paul ES or a Wildcat as I would like to have something similar to a Les Paul but without the weight. I've also been thinking about a strat too including a Silver Sky (but I'm trying not to spend that much).
I love all my PRS's and I play them all and I really don't need another guitar but I just have this urge to get another guitar ! I keep scouring CL, Reverb and E-Bay.
Do you play your other guitars much over your PRS's?

If it's a solid body electric, I'm only PRS. I have several that are all different types and pickups to give me the sounds I want. The SE EG will get you the Strat sound. Just put a Tbx tone control in it. The DC3 and 305, Brent Mason, the S2 studio, the regular studio, the Silver Sky............sigh"............so many guitars and sounds, so little time.

Last edited:
It's the only electric I have, so yes! Excluding the only acoustic I have, my Guild D64...

Nope. I gig mostly Mexican fenders and those pay for the PRSi I use out on occasion. Been on the fence a while about a player's/beater PRS to use out all the time.

Pretty much. Right now I am working on tracks with my recording project 8 days after. My PRS' give me all the sounds I am needing on these tracks. Shoot, truthfully I am really only using the SC245 and the P22 (only with the piezo) on 95% of the stuff. The other 5% is either the EG-3 or the Santana III for lead/harmony stuff.

Tonight I am popping in the studio to do a track. The singer wants something kind of "metal" so I might be trying out something different. Not sure. Just gotta go for it and see what guitar inspires the riff the best. Worse case scenario I have a couple Ibanez guitars in the gear closet still.... :rolleyes:

I have an awesome Fender Eric Johnson Strat that I play a lot. I've got some other electrics but I play my PRSi more than the others. My acoustic is a Martin.

Reactions: CVS
5 PRS and a Musicman silo special and a G&L Fallout but the PRS get most of the play, got back into them in 14 and am still in that phase but theyre really great guitars playability wise and sonically so whats not to love??

I own guitars from five makers in addition to PRS. I play them all. I generally have gigged two PRS plus my Anderson Mongrel.

For PRS I gig a singlecut (either my SC or my P245) plus my Tremonti in drop Db.

I always gig a tele style, they are my favorite.

I own more PRS than any other maker, but I own as many tele style as PRS.

This is starting to sound like a math word problem...

Electric guitars, yeah all PRS. If they’d only get around to making nylon strings...

Hey, OP! Check out a Zack Meyers for a light LP variant, and a used SE EG for the Strat hunger you’ve got. No need to look any further, Paul’s got you covered.

I wasn’t all prs until I got my dc-3 now that I have the strat tones covered with that I haven’t used anything but prs. I have 2 custom 22 and a McCarty and I use the 22s a lot . I can get a les Paul tone without the weight on my back all night. So now my 71 deluxe sits in its case. It’s just too damn heavy. Right now I just use both custom 22s and the dc-3 and for me it covers everything I need.

Back