Do you need permission from PRS to have a picture with your PRS on an album cover?

clcwarlock

So I have been working steadily over the last year on my solo album and I am getting closer to the point of distribution through Itunes. Question I have is if I have a picture of myself with my Custom 24 on the cover do I need copyright permission from PRS to do this? Does it make a difference if it is just the guitar on the cover without me in it?

Are you representing that you made the guitar and are offering to make more to sell? I'm guessing probably not.

You own the guitar. You made music with it. Take, post, print and even sell all the pictures of the guitar you want to. You are selling the music and images you created. That the images contain items you did not make just isn't relevant.

Pete has it right above. PRS would love to have their guitar pictured (favorably) on your album cover. But even is the cover was you burning or destroying the guitar, there isn't much they could do about it.

Well if you used a picture of a Corvette that you own, I doubt very much that you'd need GM's approval. Same goes for your PRS.

I'm not a lawyer and this is just my opinion but I did st at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Well if you used a picture of a Corvette that you own, I doubt very much that you'd need GM's approval. Same goes for your PRS.

I'm not a lawyer and this is just my opinion but I did st at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

SNAP! How about a Corvette PRS.... I can help yo with that!!!

You do not need PRS' permission to have your guitar on your album cover.

But you do need my permission.

Which as your liege lord I freely grant!

Back