Do you name your guitars?

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
I know some people do, and some think it's silly...me, I do indeed name my guitars. My Velas, for example, are Daisy (the black one) and Simmons (the blue one). My Peavey Patriot bass is Betsy. Acoustic is Angie. Also, guitars to me tend to be female - seems that way to most people that name them, with Casper being the potential exception...

I know some people do, and some think it's silly...me, I do indeed name my guitars. My Velas, for example, are Daisy (the black one) and Simmons (the blue one). My Peavey Patriot bass is Betsy. Acoustic is Angie. Also, guitars to me tend to be female - seems that way to most people that name them, with Casper being the potential exception...
We used to tell my daughter stories about a turtle called Tippy when she was a toddler. She loved Tippy.

When I got my Custom 24 I saw that it had a tortoise shell finish so I told her (she's 15 now) that It's too bad that Tippy doesn't have a shell anymore since they used it to make my guitar. She was fake horrified and that was all I needed. That guitar is Tippy now.

I’ve had a cat for 6 years that I still refer to as “the cat”,
That is kind of my method too. Like my pets, I guess I unimaginatively named my guitars: Strat, Tele, Classical, 714CE, Brent Mason, Paul's Guitar... I guess I need two of one model to find out if I can get more creative, but I am pretty sure it would just shift to Black Strat, Blue Strat and so forth.

Back