Do you love or hate the beach?

Do you love or heach?

• Yes

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Heck No!

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
My wife loves the beach. Although here in New Jersey it’s referred to as “down the shore” or simply “the shore”. I don’t hate it, but I certainly don’t love it. I’m too active or antsy simply to sit in the sand. In the past we would spend every other Christmas at a different Caribbean resort. Even with the included unlimited alcohol I could only tolerate 2.5 days in the sand and sun. We’re off to Hawaii next month. The first part of the trip is cycling. Then it’s mountain tubing, dirt buggting, whale/dolphin watching by Zodiac boat and hiking. No scheduled beach sitting.

I live minutes from Lake Michigan, and love getting a bunch of beach days in during the summer. There’s nothing better than taking a nap on a hot day with the breeze coming in.

Beach equals crowds. I hate crowds. Give me a beach in the cool of the fall, or early spring at sunrise.
Can I ask you why you dislike crowds? If it’s too personal no worries. Crowds don’t really bother me depending on my mood. I am a tiny person. I once had these 6 foot goons standing all around me at a concert I couldn’t breathe and they were smoking pot. I start to panic. My son a big guy piggy backed me out of there and later layer me on the ground. All the security guards thought I was drunk. The cops came. I told them what happened and that I was having a severe panic attack. The old cop was so nice and the young ones were dicks about. As soon as I felt better I went back to the concert. I couldn’t miss Black Sabbath!!

Many beaches certainly afford you beautiful views, and that is what I would be there for. That and the sounds of crashing waves! Sitting in the sand, or sand blowing around, covering my towel, stuff like that, no thanks. Give me a nice cabana with a swinging chair to relax in with a thatched roof and a fresh drink arriving every 30 minutes or so, and I could live at the beach. I would of course require a guitar in hand as well. I hate saltwater, so many beaches I may visit, I stay land locked!! The feeling of salt water in my eyes, ears, nose and on skin when I get out of that salt pond rubs me the wrong way! I think rivers are more fascinating for me when it comes to water and I would prefer to hike along a river rather than sit on a beach every time (except in cabana scenario detailed above)!

I love the beach. I don’t love crowded mid summer sit in one spot and sweat beach though. More a woods and mountains type though, which is why I live in the woods and visit the beach.

For my entire life, I have lived 3 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and all the barrier islands are beach towns, yet I barely go to the beach. I prefer inland through the trails and woods. Way too crowded here in the summer too. Drive over to the island and you'll see mostly NY and PA license plates.

Love <3

iu

fpv2crexcghi73qzhyfh.jpg

Only when those that should never, remove their tops/bottoms. I once saw Santa Clause (really, a dear ringer) in a white Speedo on the beach in Florida. My letters to him have changed drastically in demeanor and timber…as in profanity-laced diatribes about the merits of modesty and common decency. What a tool. Wait…Santa’s tool was on public display, too. :mad:

It’s been a stocking full of coal ever since.

I have a hard time sitting doing nothing. Sitting on the beach is boring to me. I need an activity or a goal to accomplish. Fishing, volleyball, or some sort of activity and I’m good there but would rather be at a lake or in the mountains doing the same thing.

I don't believe some of the things I'm reading here. :confused: There are people that actually hate the beach?

From my experience a hat and sunscreen works pretty good and there are as many secluded beaches as there are crowded ones. We are mostly made out of water and being near it is one of the most natural things we can do. I'm an *old* guy, love it, and I go on a regular basis, but that's also because I'm an avid surfcaster and only eat ocean fish.

Can I ask you why you dislike crowds? If it’s too personal no worries. Crowds don’t really bother me depending on my mood. I am a tiny person. I once had these 6 foot goons standing all around me at a concert I couldn’t breathe and they were smoking pot. I start to panic. My son a big guy piggy backed me out of there and later layer me on the ground. All the security guards thought I was drunk. The cops came. I told them what happened and that I was having a severe panic attack. The old cop was so nice and the young ones were dicks about. As soon as I felt better I went back to the concert. I couldn’t miss Black Sabbath!!
In my mid 50s now and I’ve turned into a “get of my lawn” guy. My tolerance for self serving and stupidity is at a low level. I’m all about thinking of others and being polite. Large crowds breed stupidity these days. I won’t go to large concerts any more. Give me an 800 seat theater any day.

Not a fan, but my wife is. That means I go when I’m told to go. PhennRock is definitely a fan though.
This is only part of the story. Markie’s wife LOVES the beach. When they are in Florida (where Markie spends most of his winter life), Nana wants to go to the beach, and her good husband reluctantly goes with her. However, he won’t sit down; he can’t sit down; he can’t sit still. He’s been known to clock miles on the sand. Me? I‘m content to sit and view “the sights” on a good day. ;)

Last edited:
I am Countess Dracula I avoid the sun at all costs. My husband was diagnosed with Squamous cell carcinoma 5 years ago. It’s a very invasive type of cancer. It can travel to all your major organs an shut them down one by one. He has to go to hospital every 3 months for a check.

I just had a large superficial squamous cell carcinoma lesion removed from my right knee. I thought is was an actinic keratosis, which is a precancerous growth. My new dermatologist originally though that it was a large. The lab results from the biospy revealed that it was squamous cell carcinoma. I have had a bunch of basal cell carcinoma lesions removed, so a new ones no longer scare me. I have what is known as the MC1R genetic mutation. It is very common among people of Celtic extraction. It is the genetic mutation that confers red hair, pale skin, and freckles. A person has to inherit the mutation from both parents to have red hair, but pale skin that burns quickly in the sun only require inheriting it from one parent. I inherited from my maternal grandmother who, even though her family had been in Maryland since the 1660s, was almost pure English and with dash of Welsh thrown. This guy is my 5th great-grandfather: https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=129179

Back