Do you love or heach?

• Yes

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Heck No!

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Daryl Jones

non-practicing pacifist
I love the beach, but being of the "alabaster" skin tone, I have to be so very careful. I've had 2 excisions of melanoma in the last 4 years so it's not in my best interest to do a shake & bake day anyway. Always loved the sun but it always peeled me raw, and nobody knew the long term dangers (or at least didn't heed the warnings) for youngsters when I was a little feller. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to absorb some serious vitamin D naturally, it's just not worth it. As to beach attire, whatever floats the boat. As long as someone is comfortable at what they do/wear, I'm fine with it. I can look at the water or the clouds for that matter.
Speaking of water, I'd much rather be in it and scuba diving under the surface of it.

markd21

I grew up in St. Petersburg, Florida. Beaches all around. Got burned out on them. I hate sand in my car. I hate the sunburn. I do miss sunrise and sunset....but, I have them here in the mountains too.

I live in the Smokies now. I am much happier with my surroundings. I sat on the porch yesterday, drinking coffee, watching three doe eat. They were about 50 feet away. There was a bald eagle in the tree next to my greenhouse yesterday, too.

I have a one year old Great Dane pup. She has 22 acres to run freely. I have apple trees. I see leaves change. I see snow. I LOVE it here in Tennessee.

Don't miss the beach.