Do you like zebras?

Do you like zebras?

• Total voters
Zebra's look pretty cool when using just one in the bridge. The neck could be covered (Nickal preferred) or black bobbins. Out of the five PRS's in the house three have the mix(Zebra Duncan Pearly Gates) ,the P22 is stock, the other Custom 22 has 57/08's with Nickal covers. The single zebra makes the guitar look modded witch of course it most likely is even if it just means taking the stock cover off. Oh and BTW hello guys/gals newbie Ken here.

I agree with “depends on the guitar”. I am surprised by the amount of SE models that have them.

Overall I'm pretty meh about them. Works on some guitars, but don't see myself choosing to put them in anything by choice. But wouldn't turn down a guitar that has them just because of that. FWIW I have a white (for now, refinishing it soon) LP studio. Has the gold hardware. Years ago when I swapped out the bridge pickup I went zebra, and it worked fairly well IMO, but the other guitarist asked if I ordered the wrong one when he first saw it. Told him I wanted the zebra. Looking back I probably should have stayed with gold covers. Anyway new pickups are part of the refinishing plan, just not sure what yet, but probably not zebras. thinking gold top with nickel covers and black/ebony rings and accents.

Didn't know that. They're playing at a little 800 seat theater that's close. I'll be there!

I want you to Take Your Fingers From My Hair!
My roommate in college played this sh!t all the time. It was the 80's (of course!) and I was into heavier stuff like Puppets/Justice-era Metallica. I think I threatened to strangle him in his sleep with the Zebra tape if he didn't quit playing it. :confused:

So, Zebra the band, no.
Zebra pups, yes.

I am partial to this particular one
w7ZCvfH.png

I had one of the mid-00s SC Trems that came with Zebras. It was a beautiful guitar, and the pickups neither detracted from, nor added to, the looks of the thing.

They were there, I was good with it, and all was peace and love.

None of my other guitars came with Zebras, and I’m fine with that, too.

The only conclusion I can draw is that I’d be lion if I said I cared about zebras. Therefore, I picked door #3.

I think they can look really cool - but yeah, it really depends on the guitar. personally, I prefer covered and vintage looking PUs. All a matter of taste, as usual.

Back