Do you like seeing photos of FLAME MAPLE?

fXyPSHa.jpg
I have very limited experience making furniture, but 30 years ago my brother and I designed and built some pieces for my studio, and it’s lasted in perfect shape; this shot was taken a couple of days ago.

There’s also a matching desk with a pull out shelf for extra gear that isn’t in the pic but it’s to the right, originally made for analog synths.

The cabinetry is oak plywood painted black to show the grain. We made the desktops of double thick birch ply, and reinforced them underneath with additional wood support. The edges are solid maple. All corners are mitered and we glued and rolled out Formica for the top surfaces. We also welded the steel legs ourselves. The desk originally had to hold a 300 pound console, so we had to make everything strong.

It’s not as beautiful as your work, but it’s suited for studio use and serves its purpose.

I've never made anything useful since!! ;)

fXyPSHa.jpg
I have very limited experience making furniture, but 30 years ago my brother and I designed and built some pieces for my studio, and it’s lasted in perfect shape; this shot was taken a couple of days ago.

There’s also a matching desk with a pull out shelf for extra gear that isn’t in the pic but it’s to the right, originally made for analog synths.

The cabinetry is oak plywood painted black to show the grain. We made the desktops of double thick birch ply, and reinforced them underneath with additional wood support. The edges are solid maple. All corners are mitered and we glued and rolled out Formica for the top surfaces. We also welded the steel legs ourselves. The desk originally had to hold a 300 pound console, so we had to make everything strong.

It’s not as beautiful as your work, but it’s suited for studio use and serves its purpose.

I've never made anything useful since!! ;)
Looks beautiful!

Back