Do you hoard, erm collect gear?

marooned

Are you a gear hoarder or a one in one out kind of person? Do you sell off gear that’s been sitting unused for a few months?

Personally I’m def a gear hoarder...
15 electric guitars
4 acoustic guitars
5 valve amps
A lot of pedals, od, distortion, modulation, delay etc.

My biggest gear addiction is fuzz pedals....I must have around 60-70 fuzz pedals alone...totally crazy I know but I now tell myself I’m a collector lol.
I don’t do vintage units as I would never know if the circuit had been tampered with, I buy from the guys who build the best replicas around.

Any other fuzz heads around here?

I am definitely a hoarder - not just of Musical gear either. I have only sold one Guitar and Amp - but that was out of necessity rather than to acquire new gear. I would actually rebuy both as they were my first Electric and proper amp. The guitar is nothing special - just a vintage Epiphone Les Paul Custom and a Marshall TSL602 60w Valve Amp. Even though I probably couldn't push that Amp, I can't really push my HT5R 212 either and certainly never get to play my Marshall JVM410 100w so adding the TSL602 would just be 'clutter' to take up more space that I don't have...

Recovering hoarder here. I was up to 30 guitars, 3 tube amps, and cabs, and about 40 pedals. I went cold turkey and sold most. I have 9 guitars, 1 amp and cabinet (plus an Atomic Amplifire 12 and QSC CP8), and less than 10 pedals. All of the rest went last month. It's hard. The struggle is real!

Not so much. Although I easily have more than what I use regularly. Some extra stuff consists of backup gear for the band. A few other things are pieces that I wanted for a long time knowing they wouldn’t be in my arsenal of gig gear for the band but love playing through on my own time. I’d like to be a hoarder of gear though!

I have really cut back on guitars. Down to 4 electrics (all PRS) and 2 acoustics from 15 or so. The other stuff is growing though....

4 amp heads, 4 cabs, 2 pedal boards, 3 mics and stands, mixer and mixer amp, 2 15' monitors, 1 12" monitor, a pair of recording monitors, Mac, d/a converter and two vocal processers.

I'm somewhere in the middle.

20+ guitars but haven't added any for years now.

5 amps but haven't added any for years now.

3 pedals but don't use them.

I pretty much went through a buying phase and now I'm in a holding phase.

I don't plan on entering a selling phase unless I end up needing the money.

Let's see, 18 guitars (12 of em are PRS), 5 amps (only 2 PRS), 1 pedal board...................................nah............I'm not a hoarder. But I do think I pretty much have the right gear for any gig. Just don't tell anyone about my banjitar.

1 Bass
3 Electric (2 mine, 1 daughters)
3 Acoustic (2 mine, 1 wife's)
3 digital pedal boards
1 fly rig
1 100 watt Amp
1 75 watt powered monitor/PA
1 mini mixer
Cases of some sort for everything
Cables, cables and more cables

Everytime I look at this list I realize I left something off.

Last edited:
Recovering hoarder here. I was up to 30 guitars, 3 tube amps, and cabs, and about 40 pedals. I went cold turkey and sold most. I have 9 guitars, 1 amp and cabinet (plus an Atomic Amplifire 12 and QSC CP8), and less than 10 pedals. All of the rest went last month. It's hard. The struggle is real!

....and a partridge in a pear tree!

I prefer the term “fluffer”.

;)

Back