Do u wish PRS had a 24 fret singlecut fixed bridge guitar?

freelance_ken

Hi guys! I am new to the forum and am a guitar beginner with a nice 22 fret SE, but my beginner's passion is singlecut 24 fret guitars, so I can try a full octave if I want to (or can) :) Maybe its just a beginners question, but how many of you, beginners and serious players, would want to have a 24 Fret Singlecut Fixed Bridge PRS? :adore:

Hi guys! I am new to the forum and am a guitar beginner with a nice 22 fret SE, but my beginner's passion is singlecut 24 fret guitars, so I can try a full octave if I want to (or can) :) Maybe its just a beginners question, but how many of you, beginners and serious players, would want to have a 24 Fret Singlecut Fixed Bridge PRS? :adore:
I don't know that they've ever made one like that short of Private Stock. I know the SE Mikael Akerfeldt was a 24 fret Singlecut, but it had a tremolo, not a stoptail.

http://www.prsguitars.com/2014/semikaelakerfeldt/

I don't believe in single-cut guitars.
Serious limitation.
Cu22 is bad enough with the heel, never mind a single-cut like on a Les Paul!

I don't generally care for singlecuts, but I do like the idea of a 24-fret fixed-bridge PRS. I think one used to be able to get a stoptail option on the older CU24s because I am almost positive I have seen some used ones floating around out there. I do love the sound of trem-equipped PRSes, but I don't use the trem, so a fixed-bridge would indeed be nice. And although I tend to prefer the sound of 22-fretters, there is something quintessentially PRS about the 24 frets. I don't spend alot of time on the dusty end of the fretboard, but when I do, it sure is nice to have those two extra frets.

I have two Knaggs Keyas, which are 24-frets with a fixed bridge. Love them.

The old Core Mira was a 24-fret stoptail. Still a double cut though.

I don't generally care for singlecuts, but I do like the idea of a 24-fret fixed-bridge PRS. I think one used to be able to get a stoptail option on the older CU24s because I am almost positive I have seen some used ones floating around out there. I do love the sound of trem-equipped PRSes, but I don't use the trem, so a fixed-bridge would indeed be nice. And although I tend to prefer the sound of 22-fretters, there is something quintessentially PRS about the 24 frets. I don't spend alot of time on the dusty end of the fretboard, but when I do, it sure is nice to have those two extra frets.

I have two Knaggs Keyas, which are 24-frets with a fixed bridge. Love them.

Seems my earlier attempt to reply got "lost". In my category (PRS SE) there is a 24 Fret Fixed Bridge PRS, not sure about USA made PRSi. Here is the link to PRS SE Clint Lowery edition (24 frets, fixed bridge), but its not a singlecut:spitcoffee: :
http://www.prsguitars.com/seclintlowery/

I prefer SC PRSi and the (adjustable) stoptails. I didn't realize SC PRSi were not liked by many? I personally don't find any limitations with a SC, in fact I find it more convenient that the 3 way toggle is in the upper bout. Not to say I don't like my McCarty double cut, though... To each their own I guess.

Oh, I personally don't see the need for 24 frets, period. As a cover guy, there aren't many times where they're needed.

Back