Do the Indonesia prs se acoustic as good as Korean made?

The new SE acoustics are made in China (built by Cortek), not in indonesia. I own a T60e, great guitar and imo beats the Taylors and Martins at the same pricepoint.

I own an SE T60E and agreed with what Lynfast said. The reason why I said so is that before buying this, I compared it with a Taylor 210 DLX (all rosewood laminated, not mahogany+rosewood like typical 200 series). The T60 exhibited broader range from low-mid to highs and sang so sweet, while 210 DLX had bigger and deeper lows, but lacked definition in high frequencies. I think there's something going on with ziricote body and hybrid bracing. I didn't test the electronics as I don't use it and the Taylor didn't have one, even though they both were in the same price range.

However, the downside is that the factory action was set way too high, 3mm. at 12th fret. I will make a tech get things right soon.

rY0STla.jpg

I own an SE T60E and agreed with what Lynfast said. The reason why I said so is that before buying this, I compared it with a Taylor 210 DLX (all rosewood laminated, not mahogany+rosewood like typical 200 series). The T60 exhibited broader range from low-mid to highs and sang so sweet, while 210 DLX had bigger and deeper lows, but lacked definition in high frequencies. I think there's something going on with ziricote body and hybrid bracing. I didn't test the electronics as I don't use it and the Taylor didn't have one, even though they both were in the same price range.

However, the downside is that the factory action was set way too high, 3mm. at 12th fret. I will make a tech get things right soon.

rY0STla.jpg
I am looking at buying the SE A60E - I'm leary of buying without trying but, what are you going to do? The shops are all closed. Can anyone tell me the string gauge on these?

I have an A60E and love it. Sold my Taylor after getting the PRS. Comfortable and sounds great. As for string gauge, PRS product specification site says 12-53. And the PRS SE locking tuners are direct drop in replacements....just did that last week.

S
I am looking at buying the SE A60E - I'm leary of buying without trying but, what are you going to do? The shops are all closed. Can anyone tell me the string gauge on these?
Sorry for late reply. In my territory almost all guitar techs are open as usual. I bought a new set of Jescar jumbo frets to replace the very small stock ones. I don’t have time to take the guitar to a tech these days. Hopefully the extra height of bigger frets would help enhance the playability without messing with stock string tension. I will post the results after getting things done.

Back