Do squabbins drop straight into any PRS?

The mounting legs on squabins are longer. They will fit but they may not drop down as far as you may want.

I have a set of 5708s in my ce24 that are square. I would really like to drop bridge PU a little more but I don't think I can.

I have a mann trem coming for this guitar in a couple days. I will revisit this issue when it arrives and report back.

Invest in one of these first, so you don't drill out the back!

caliper2.jpg

Hang on, if the legs go in, the legs go in, right?

It's actually the screws which foul on the inside of the guitar yes? Slightly shorter screws would suffice in your case...

Hang on, if the legs go in, the legs go in, right?

It's actually the screws which foul on the inside of the guitar yes? Slightly shorter screws would suffice in your case...

Sorry but that's not the case. Legs hit bottom. Like I said, I'm going to revisit this when my mann trem arrives just to make sure I'm correct.

I will report back.

IMO, the screws that come with the replacement pups are about 2mm too short for my liking. The top of the pickup is flush with the top of the ring but it only has about 2 threads worth of grip.

Cool lookin guitar. What pickups did you put in it?
Thank you. That's the stock Vintage Bass in the neck and a 59/09 in the bridge. Many, many pickups have been in this guitar but these will be the last. A perfect match for what I'm playing now.

Thank you. That's the stock Vintage Bass in the neck and a 59/09 in the bridge. Many, many pickups have been in this guitar but these will be the last. A perfect match for what I'm playing now.

Nice. I always thought the VB would be a nice companion to the 5909 just never tried it.

Back