Do rosewood necks need to be oiled/maintained in any different way vs. Maple/Mahogany necks?

Yes the ends are sticking out. I oiled it heavily a few weeks ago and ran the humidifier but it's still sharp. Maybe when the Tech center opens again I'll see how much it is to add binding.

This happened to one of my SAS NF models... nothing fixed this kind of fret sprout except a fret dressing. After the filing, the guitar was humidified and it never had that problem again (even after it dried out the following year). The frets were filed down in its worst condition.

I oiled my MEQ neck with TruOil once, probalbly more thaan half a year ago after finishing 'neck reshape project'. Nowadays it gets a oilier/shinier from my left hand. In my opinion oiling isn't necesary as long as the neck gets some hand contacts from time to time.

I oiled my MEQ neck with TruOil once, probalbly more thaan half a year ago after finishing 'neck reshape project'. Nowadays it gets a oilier/shinier from my left hand. In my opinion oiling isn't necesary as long as the neck gets some hand contacts from time to time.
TruOil is a finish, it's a 'hardening oil', so it polymerizes and turns into a form of plastic coating.

Back