Do Cute Amps Matter?

By the way, this is not Steven's, this is Paul Stacey's studio – which seems to be quite a bit chaotic.
This is (or was, he might have moved in the meantime) Steven Wilson's Studio:
x5Z5Xvh.jpg
Yeah, I specifically Googled the name of that Studio (forgotten the name by now, of course) because I knew it looked, um, "busy". Steven's home studio is unsurprisingly tidy.

And sorry @sergiodeblanc , but he has always played in bare feet - a hangover from being a bedroom guitarist, apparently.

I would rather see a man’s ball sack than his bare feet. Put some shoes on, Steven!!!

Dr. Freud is ready to see you now, sir.

“What’s with the Dr. Freud thing, Les, the man doesn’t want to look at feet.”

“Maybe it’s the choice of substitute that he’d prefer to see.”

“Are all of your own problems solved?”

“All but the modeler thing. I’d rather have sex than listen to a modeler.”

“Everyone would rather have sex than listen to a modeler.”

“I meant sex with an orangutan.”

“Eeeewww.”

Last edited:
It’s like one of those games of “would you rather” where there’s no winning.

You’re welcome to it.

T-shirt quote!

“......You say bawsack and I say bare feet, bawsack, bare feet. Let’s call the whole thing off!”

Dr. Freud is ready to see you now, sir.

“What’s with the Dr. Freud thing, Les, the man doesn’t want to look at feet.”

“Maybe it’s the choice of substitute that he’d prefer to see.”

“Are all of your own problems solved?”

“All but the modeler thing. I’d rather have sex than listen to a modeler.”

“Everyone would rather have sex than listen to a modeler.”

“I meant sex with an orangutan.”

“Eeeewww.”

I think you may be a bit off with your pronunciation there Les!!;)

I would rather see a man’s ball sack than his bare feet. Put some shoes on, Steven!!!

That sounds borderline phobia....
I avoid shoes as much as possible from April until October here in Georgia - I can't stand my feet getting hot. I do put on sandals to use my pedalboard most of the time.
It does look a little weird seeing Steven Wilson run around on stage barefoot. Could have been a deleted scene in "This is Spinal Tap".

@Les - I finally got my bottom cab... almost 3 months to the day again. It definitely makes the amp sound bigger and spreads the sound out with more mids and low end. Also ordered some Studio Slips padded covers for them for transport to gigs. I know, I know... they should never leave the house

* edit - I know it's hard to tell, but the grills are gold and black

261-A0568-6303-4738-B3-C4-FE3-C713-ADA6-C.jpg

43-F92972-A97-D-4301-AC07-551-EE7-D57719.jpg

737-B21-E0-41-DC-4009-BDB9-65-B280511704.jpg

Last edited:
I finally ordered a cab for my Fillmore, but it’s kind of weird, because I ordered the California Tweed 2x12 in black with a black grille. I really wanted some alnico speakers, and already have a set of the C90 Black Shadows in my Lone Star, anyway. So there you have it.

I’m a little odd. But I kinda wanted to bring out the Fender Tweed quality in the amp.

@Les - I finally got my bottom cab... almost 3 months to the day again. It definitely makes the amp sound bigger and spreads the sound out with more mids and low end. Also ordered some Studio Slips padded covers for them for transport to gigs. I know, I know... they should never leave the house

261-A0568-6303-4738-B3-C4-FE3-C713-ADA6-C.jpg

43-F92972-A97-D-4301-AC07-551-EE7-D57719.jpg

737-B21-E0-41-DC-4009-BDB9-65-B280511704.jpg
Damn, that’s hot.

Back