Do any pickups fit in a custom 24?

Diddly

Hi,
I'm considering a 2012 custom 24 but not sure I'll like the 59 09s that come stock. Do any brand of pickups fit? They look like a different shape than regular humbuckers. Slightly taller and not as wide. To my eyes anyway. Is it just me or are they actually the same size?
Cheers

Hi,
I'm considering a 2012 custom 24 but not sure I'll like the 59 09s that come stock. Do any brand of pickups fit? They look like a different shape than regular humbuckers. Slightly taller and not as wide. To my eyes anyway. Is it just me or are they actually the same size?
Cheers

Other pickups fit just fine, but believe me you won't want to swap out the 59/09. Some of the best and a favorite of PRS pickups.

Other pickups fit just fine, but believe me you won't want to swap out the 59/09. Some of the best and a favorite of PRS pickups.
That's good to know anyway. My mate had a 22 and he was saying he found the neck a bit muddy. Although it died on him a short while later, so maybe there was something wrong with it all along. He much prefers the 85 15s. I'd rather leave it stock but good to know if I really feel the need I can drop someth else in. I do love the dimarzio Andy timmons signature pickup. Not sure how would sound in a custom 24 though.

Thanks for the reply.

You'll be fine with any normal sized humbucker, but I would give the 5909's at least a shot.

Start with default amp settings, fresh strings, and an open mind to pickup height.

Of course, if they aren't for you, there are many options available too - I'm a big fan of making the guitar your own.

You'll be fine with any normal sized humbucker, but I would give the 5909's at least a shot.

Start with default amp settings, fresh strings, and an open mind to pickup height.

Of course, if they aren't for you, there are many options available too - I'm a big fan of making the guitar your own.
Ya I'd much rather leave it stock. Just peace of mind knowing it's easy to swap them out if needed.
Cheers

That's good to know anyway. My mate had a 22 and he was saying he found the neck a bit muddy. Although it died on him a short while later, so maybe there was something wrong with it all along. He much prefers the 85 15s. I'd rather leave it stock but good to know if I really feel the need I can drop someth else in. I do love the dimarzio Andy timmons signature pickup. Not sure how would sound in a custom 24 though.

Thanks for the reply.

I like the 85/15 too but would take 59/09 over them every day of the week. Both good pickups though

Back