Do any of you folks find PRS guitars as annoying as me??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wailing, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Wailing

Wailing New Member

I have been playing guitar/s for over 40 years now... I have enjoyed playing different models of Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker etc etc etc.... Earlier this year I traded a Gibson Junior for a PRS Vela.... and no matter how I try.. I keep picking the Vela up... its so comfortable..easy to play...huge range of tones...no tuning issues...wonderful finish... all of my other guitars are gathering dust !!! I pick up my Strat... 10 minutes later I'm playing the Vela... same with my Gibsons.... Damn you PRS... Well... to be honest.. I'm cross with myself.. why did I wait so late to try one !!! You lucky buggers were ahead of me.... Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy :)

Keeping on keeping on... Yours from not so sunny England... Wailing

2. Bill SAS 513

Bill SAS 513 Just another old guy in a T-shirt

Absolutely...YES...Meeee Tooooooo!!! But I traded my other brands years ago...
    Unfortunately, As you play other PRS instruments, you're gonna find more the same.
    See if you can find a second hand older Swamp Ash Special...That would go great with the Vela!!!

Enjoy!!!

3. Wailing

Wailing New Member

Noooooooo .... Please don't say that....I have said to myself... No more geeetaaaars... (I have been looking at the reclaimed wood Vela with a twinkle in my eye).... Soooooo Annoying !!! :D:D:D

4. Dirty_Boogie

Dirty_Boogie Still got the ol' tagger on it

Well, I don't know you personally, so I don't know just how annoying you are. :p (Just kidding - English is such a funny language if you're not careful.)

Seriously though, my "other" guitars (e.g. Jazzmasters) are so different from my PRS guitars - in tone and feel - that I find it quite refreshing to pick one of them up after playing a PRS.

5. Warmart

Warmart Fani PRSi

Don't feel bad, you aren't the only one. I'm frikkin' FROM MD and avoided PRS forever, I just had my mind programmed that there was no way a guitar is worth over $xxxx.xx

Man was I wrong. Great thing is I fixed my issue :D

6. RickP

RickP Established 1960, Still Not Dead

Yes, and I wish I could find more annoyances like this in my life. Of course, once you have more than one, the dilemma becomes which one? A first world problem I can survive, though.

7. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc PRSf certified

Amen.

It’s not like I just declared all other guitars trash without owning them first. :D:oops::(

8. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay...

I do find most of my PRS gittars annoying more & more... except for my Vela's. The Vela ergonomics are just about perfect.

dogrocketp and Wailing like this.
  9. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I'm so far down the hole there's no hope of crawling out. Not that I'd want to!

10. Wailing

Wailing New Member

Did I strike lucky with my first venture into PRS territory ??

11. rpoce24

rpoce24 New Member

I have a Gibson LP studio, a US Finder Strat, an Ibinez RG Premium, and a CE24 semi hollow. I think I have played the Gibson for about a hour, and have not touched the other 2 since I got the PRS 7 months ago. Now I want a Silver Sky (will sell the Strat and maybe the Ibinez), and a PRS with soapbars. Then I can be happy.

12. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay...

In my opinion I'd say yes. I've been selling off my core models and SE's.... I've got 3 Vela's and an S2 standard 22 that make me happy. Plus a few other brand guitars that I prefer to play.
    But that's just me....

13. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

Hah! As that wise Chicago sage has stated, they’re like potato chips. Screw the diet!

Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  14. CVS

CVS Not so new member

Like the PRS with soapbars idea and would also like to see PRS T sytle guitar