Do any of you folks find PRS guitars as annoying as me??

Wailing

I have been playing guitar/s for over 40 years now... I have enjoyed playing different models of Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker etc etc etc.... Earlier this year I traded a Gibson Junior for a PRS Vela.... and no matter how I try.. I keep picking the Vela up... its so comfortable..easy to play...huge range of tones...no tuning issues...wonderful finish... all of my other guitars are gathering dust !!! I pick up my Strat... 10 minutes later I'm playing the Vela... same with my Gibsons.... Damn you PRS... Well... to be honest.. I'm cross with myself.. why did I wait so late to try one !!! You lucky buggers were ahead of me.... Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy :)

Keeping on keeping on... Yours from not so sunny England... Wailing

Absolutely...YES...Meeee Tooooooo!!! But I traded my other brands years ago...
Unfortunately, As you play other PRS instruments, you're gonna find more the same.
See if you can find a second hand older Swamp Ash Special...That would go great with the Vela!!!

Enjoy!!!

Noooooooo .... Please don't say that....I have said to myself... No more geeetaaaars... (I have been looking at the reclaimed wood Vela with a twinkle in my eye).... Soooooo Annoying !!! :D:D:D

Well, I don't know you personally, so I don't know just how annoying you are. :p (Just kidding - English is such a funny language if you're not careful.)

Seriously though, my "other" guitars (e.g. Jazzmasters) are so different from my PRS guitars - in tone and feel - that I find it quite refreshing to pick one of them up after playing a PRS.

I have a Gibson LP studio, a US Finder Strat, an Ibinez RG Premium, and a CE24 semi hollow. I think I have played the Gibson for about a hour, and have not touched the other 2 since I got the PRS 7 months ago. Now I want a Silver Sky (will sell the Strat and maybe the Ibinez), and a PRS with soapbars. Then I can be happy.

Did I strike lucky with my first venture into PRS territory ??
In my opinion I'd say yes. I've been selling off my core models and SE's.... I've got 3 Vela's and an S2 standard 22 that make me happy. Plus a few other brand guitars that I prefer to play.
But that's just me....

I have a Gibson LP studio, a US Finder Strat, an Ibinez RG Premium, and a CE24 semi hollow. I think I have played the Gibson for about a hour, and have not touched the other 2 since I got the PRS 7 months ago. Now I want a Silver Sky (will sell the Strat and maybe the Ibinez), and a PRS with soapbars. Then I can be happy.
Hah! As that wise Chicago sage has stated, they’re like potato chips. Screw the diet!

Like the PRS with soapbars idea and would also like to see PRS T sytle guitar

Back