Disaster!

RS Guitarworks is not far from me. I have an appointment with them tomorrow. They have a full repair, refinishing department. They also sell mostly Fender based guitars, bass guitars, parts, bodies, etc.
Hope they can help out.
[edit - I see they can’t. I’m sure PRS will help. But they are probably going to be pricey. Pro work is expensive]
Is insurance going to cover the damage?

Last edited:
So sorry man. That’s rough. Hope everything gets worked out. Just remember, as much as we adore them, they are only guitars. Tools and/or art to bring us happiness. Assuming there’s no structural damage, they will still sound the same. Do whatever you need to though to keep them bringing you joy.

Edit: just to make you feel better(or at least not alone). From a fall off a pool table to concrete floor.

bB0Epfr.jpg
I’d be in mourned by for a couple of weeks. Then I’d either look for matching auto touch up paint or live with it.
(I’ve done both)

I was upset initially and wanted it repaired. Honestly though, I like the idea when guitars tell stories of their past. Even if it’s not good.
Gotta admit, they do give character. And I much prefer that over every fake “relic” job I’ve ever seen.
And just like scars that we get. They do hold a story to tell.

So sorry man. That’s rough. Hope everything gets worked out. Just remember, as much as we adore them, they are only guitars. Tools and/or art to bring us happiness. Assuming there’s no structural damage, they will still sound the same. Do whatever you need to though to keep them bringing you joy.

Edit: just to make you feel better(or at least not alone). From a fall off a pool table to concrete floor.

bB0Epfr.jpg
Wow. That looks painful…..

The PRS response to my disaster will drive me away from PRS and probably get me kicked off this forum. I could not be more disappointed with PRS right now. I cannot emphasize that enough.
I thought a lot of us (including me) felt really bad for you…Some to the point of probably feeling so bad for you that they didn’t say anything…. .I’m sorry that you feel that way. There’s always some jokers in the crowd..
Whatever you do, don’t post it on The Gear Page!

I’ve already emailed Jack. Twice now. Most recently today. He fixed a McCarty for me that got dropped on concrete (not by me) years ago.

Thanks all. Especially the ones offering alternatives.

I can’t say much about the PRS response because of the rules of the forum, for those that have asked.

In case I get kicked out, my opinion is they could help, but won’t. Did they offer to fix them? Yes. That’s really all I can say.

I believe PRS will never let anything other than a 100% spec guitar leave the factory, so I would bet you’re only option with the PTC is to fully refinish each guitar at about $1500-2K per. I feel you, the situation with your guitars really sucks, especially it being so recent. But that’s their factory standard. Look at it this way, your guitars aren’t going to get any worse properly cased up. Give it some time, let the dust settle and look around for the best solution. Maybe you’ll find something that will be a perfect solution. And as PRS spent all the time they did making those instruments to the level that you’re so proud of, maybe cut them a break when they’re asked to fix them for a song when they had nothing to do with their demise. Like I said, if I were in your shoes, I would be rightly pissed off. But hey, gas off, look at it clearly, and I’m sure you’ll figure out how to repair them properly. Deep breath, bro!

Back