Digitech Trio

So what would a normal guy do here? Put this at the end of the chain and send it to a clean amp so you aren't distorting the drums and base and get your distortion/OD from a pedal?

So what would a normal guy do here? Put this at the end of the chain and send it to a clean amp so you aren't distorting the drums and base and get your distortion/OD from a pedal?

Go back and watch the vids again and re-read post #41.

Send the bass and drums to a pa/mixer/different channel and play clean, dirty or whatever both before and after the box into your amp.

I am going to try this two ways.
First my guitar and pedal board will be going into the Mark Five 25, and the Trio second output will go to the Blackstar ID60 for the clean channel for the bass and drums.

Will also try out the latter directly to the guitar input on the back of my Zoom R24 mixer/recorder, and the output will go to the Rokit 5 studio monitors for the bass and drums.
Can also record it that way, and I can also run a mic cable from the rear of the Mesa cab clone to the Zoom also to capture the guitar.
No need to mic the guitar at all.

I think so. I have one on order and plan to Pentatonic scale the crap out of it :)

Always someone better than me out there - I could only pentatonic scale the fart out of one of these.

My rep at Sweetwater just gave me the news, mine just went out the door.
Should have them by Tuesday or Wednesday, will know more when I get the tracking number.

Digitech TRIO Band Creator (Pavel Marcel)
Cannot understand what he is saying, but he is using a PRS guitar.
Played with my Trio last weekend, pretty fun.
I did have to run a second cable to my bass amp for the Trio output, because if you use the dirty channel on an amp for your guitar, the drums and bass will sound like crap.
They are meant to be played through a clean setup like the diagram shows.

Have not hooked up the optional foot switch either, I need to read up on how to use it.
But I was able to strum out the whole "House Of The Rising Sun" beat on just one of the three track positions of the Trio, so it worked out good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me if you need an organ player for the solo. ;)
He he he...

Got a uke?

DigiTech® TRIO play with ukulele

Digitech trio blues genre

Since the Trio just started shipping yesterweek, a lot of home brewed videos are now popping up.

PS, the same guy who is doing the blues one above did a Hendrix one a few days ago, I think he is in his PJs :D

Corey - How do you like the Trio after another week of using it? Have you found anything that it cannot emulate?

Corey - How do you like the Trio after another week of using it? Have you found anything that it cannot emulate?
Only messed around with it a bit, but I like it so far.
I've had my Trio for a week now. Is anyone else disappointed with theirs?
Not yet, but I have not figured out yet how to add two other parts to it since it can do three.
I do have the optional foot switch, but have not hooked it up yet.
Also printed out the manual, but have not read it.
Just way to busy, and have not played any guitar since Friday evening.

May not play today either, as my youngest son is coming over and we are going to the new Avengers movie in a bit.
I do have a four day weekend coming up though, so I hope to spend some more time with the Trio.

I've had my Trio for a week now. Is anyone else disappointed with theirs?

Ok, spill it. What is disappointing you? Uncool to make us ask.

I do have the optional foot switch, but have not hooked it up yet.
Also printed out the manual, but have not read it.

Ok, I gotta bust on you, Corey. You've had it 2 weeks and you still haven't read the manual?? :vroam:

Sweetwater called today, mine ships soon.

Sorry I forgot to reply. Maybe I just need to spend more time with it and learn its nuances.

In the demo videos they play simple chords and get a nice bass and drum line that matches the feel of the chords.

When I try that it's like the bass and drums took speed and became instant prima donnas with their over the top show boating.

It's hard to explain. And it's probably something I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Ok, I gotta bust on you, Corey. You've had it 2 weeks and you still haven't read the manual?? :vroam:

Sweetwater called today, mine ships soon.
Just busy with work, which is why I am glad I have a four day weekend coming up to mess around with it more.
Hopefully you will have yours to mess around with by the weekend.
Yeah, print out that manual too, here is the PDF file.
http://rdn.harmanpro.com/product_do...1427215149/Trio_Manual_5057870-A_original.pdf
Sorry I forgot to reply. Maybe I just need to spend more time with it and learn its nuances.

In the demo videos they play simple chords and get a nice bass and drum line that matches the feel of the chords.

When I try that it's like the bass and drums took speed and became instant premadonnas with their over the top show boating.

It's hard to explain. And it's probably something I'm doing wrong.
I find just the opposite.
As I only know how to program in part one out of three available, the recording feature is quite long, and I was able to program in the whole "House Of The Rising Sun" chords and verse.
I left the dial on "Rock" and recorded myself, and then when the drums and bass played back, it sounded darn good.
I then experimented with changing the Genre dial and the other one to the right of it, but put it back to the way I recorded it.
Also the pedal is going through my Hartke bass amp for just the drum and bass parts.

UPDATE: I think I found the issue!

I was rummaging through my pedal drawer today and swapping pedals in/out on my board, which in turn made me switch out some patch cables - and now my Trio works perfectly. So perhaps faulty cable? The Trio was at the end of my chain and I'm sure that last patch cable was a recent purchase but previously untested. I kinda wish I didn't throw it back into my pedal board case and mix it up with the others now...

But now I can play into my Ditto and then play that to my Trio and its all perfect first time.

Back