Different styles of PRS custom 24 10 tops in 2019

Steve Henderson

So, I just bought a new 2019 custom 24 10 top guitar and instead of a 5 way switch I've got a 3-way switch with a push/pull pod. So, I wanted to know if PRS could tell me how many were made in 2019. I called PRS and the lady on phone must be some kind of screener, because she said that they don't give production numbers. So, I contacted the music store and asked them. So, they talked to their PRS rep.and he said he hadn't heard of that. I just wanted to see if it's worth more, or if they accidentally made this and it's a rare guitar. Does anyone have any info on this. Thanks

It sounds like you got one with an SE wiring harness.I don't think it was an accident, it may have been a special run for that dealer, or a custom request the the original buyer backed out on.

Wow, Thanks alot! I was kind of hoping that I had maybe a diamond in the rough. Still keeping some hope.

Sometimes dealers order them with the 3 way instead of the 5 way. I have a WL Cu24 from 2020 that has a 3 way. Dealer spec.

Thanks bodied, I appreciate you helping me out. I'm new to this forum & still can't get around the forum correctly. So, Thanks to everyone for your help.

Yep, as others have said, different dealers can do different limited runs of various models. I see a lot of current-year Custom 24's out there with the switching style you're referring to.

Back