Different between PRS Private Stock and regular core models of PRS

Ladkor

PRS Player
Authorized PRS Dealer
Hi, guys! Let's talk about different between PRS Private Stock and regular core models of PRS? I had over 100 usa made PRS and only one Private Stock.
ouhbLWyJXzQ.jpg

4bUwBVZv0HI.jpg

lwwVSsqGd2Q.jpg

O216kkh7ZU4.jpg

Different between regular non-10-top custom and Private Stock custom will be relly high... but i can't see too much difference between Artist Package and Private Stock or Wood Library and PS... or some nice limited editions and PS.
There's some i see after 5-years PRS Experience:
1. wood - of course PS wood is the best, but i think its near Artist and Wood Library editions
O46Uda02kYs.jpg

vbwFbXDhfKs.jpg

km2dokJQWE0.jpg

JiFMBNcdX5A.jpg

there's some exceptions - rare types of wood as african ebony, african korina etc - we can order only on PS models
2. solderring - as i can see grounding on PRS PS better than on regular models ... maybe i'm wrong?
3. tunning - i think that PS tuned better than regular models, but if you have good hands you can tunning your guitar yourself - i mean bridge, truss rod, pickups etc...
4. decor - unique formalization of PRS, you can have one of a kind PRS in the world... but again we can find one of a kind color regular model..artist for example
SQA82uo5-uY.jpg

onqf_Wamfc8.jpg

SN5d1tvT1HM.jpg

SB1XI5iHaHE.jpg

EpVqX4Zuiv4.jpg

mZgjLfai1YE.jpg

5. price - ... i won't comment it. You know different

What can say guys who has or had PRS Private stock too? I think its realy iteresting topic
Cheers

Whoever strung the guitar in the last photo needs a lesson on how the phase 1 locking tuners work.

That said, the main difference between the private stocks and regular Core line is mainly aesthetics. They're prettier. Do they sound or are they built ten times better? No.

A very interesting thread and some of the guy's here know a hell of a lot more than me that's for sure.
But my understanding is PS, is one on one builds, Best appointments. WL,as PS But picked by Vendors in small limited runs with core line headstock. Artist, as WL but more builds. Core, Beautifully made factory model's also built to an exceptional level. After all PRS = Quality.!!!!!!!!

Whoever strung the guitar in the last photo needs a lesson on how the phase 1 locking tuners work.

That said, the main difference between the private stocks and regular Core line is mainly aesthetics. They're prettier. Do they sound or are they built ten times better? No.
Oh yeah lol. Looks like he's trying to dial his amp in from the headstock.!!

From my small experience perspective:

Wood Library and PS are dealing with the same stock of wood, but guitars with the spec WL are made within the same assembly line likewise the core models.
In general a business customer (trader) is ordering those specs.
Aswell AP is an upgrade of a core model, the customer (via his trader) could order certain wood options, colours, different pickups (if the core model allows that, e. g. you can't change electronics and pups of a 513 by ordering AP). AP runs over the core production line, too.

PS is custom order. A small, separated division of highly skilled and experienced employees turn images of one off intruments into reality, not limited on core line models.
From time to time Paul himself is doing luthier's work.

Wood Library and PS are dealing with the same stock of wood, but guitars with the spec WL are made within the same assembly line likewise the core models.

This isn't quite correct - as I understand it, the 'Wood Library' is a separate stash from 'the Vault.' It contains ALL grades of wood, and a dealer can spec up anything they like and the price is adjusted accordingly.

More than one dealer has told me that if a piece of timber from the Private Stock Vault sits around long enough unsold, they might need to move it out to make room for new inventory, so they will put it in the Wood Library and make it available that way.

Otherwise, the WL has regular, 10-top, Artist grade as well as 'exotic' species of various components that might normally only be used on PS builds but if they get enough can be placed there for use in WL orders.

More reading from the horse's mouth here: http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/the_wood_library_what_is_it

Just to clarify: I'm not being disingenuous to the work that goes into making the one-off Private Stock guitars. Quite the contrary; they are amazing, beautiful works of art, and the attention to detail on them is astounding. I was simply referring to the tone, playability, and price difference.

I recently sold two VERY nice Core 10-tops to buy a used Private Stock, and I can say without a doubt that I don't regret the decision in the slightest.

I can say without any doubt that my PS guitars are aesthetically and tonally superior to my Core guitars, and my Core guitars are awesome.

Nobody makes a consistently better core instrument than PRS. That said, the private stock team is composed of the best luthiers in the plant, and the quality shows.

Actually, the important difference isn't the pretty stuff.

The main differences - besides the woods that if properly selected are tapped for tone - are very small but noticeable details, like feel, fretwork, and the nitro finish. These add up to a guitar that feels a bit different, and sounds a bit better.

Yes, we're talking a relatively large investment for these added benefits, but they are real benefits for those who want to go the extra mile.

When I got my first Private Stock electric, my very first thought was, "this makes my Core models feel a bit like toys."

Of course, that didn't stop me from buying more Core models, but there is absolutely something to appreciate with a PS that you don't get with Core.

Actually, the important difference isn't the pretty stuff.

The main differences - besides the woods that if properly selected are tapped for tone - are very small but noticeable details, like feel, fretwork, and the nitro finish. These add up to a guitar that feels a bit different, and sounds a bit better.

Yes, we're talking a relatively large investment for these added benefits, but they are real benefits for those who want to go the extra mile.
Quoted for truth.

Sure, the aesthetics are a big selling point, but the best of the best luthiers are making your guitar. The team is comprised of both artists and artisans, so everything is kicked up a notch.

Back