Differences between Custom 24 Retro and current Custom 24

eugeneelgr

@eugeneelgr
Hey guys,

I just came across this article that illustrates clearly with side by side examples the differences between the Custom 24 retro and the Custom 24. Couldn't really find anything like this that showed the differences other than the smaller heel on the retro.

https://www.ishibashi.co.jp/sale-event/12808

I wonder if it'll be possible to have a PS Custom 24 with just the retro's heel.

Why did PRS start making the heel larger in the first place? It's not as big as it USED to be, but not as small as the originals.

Paul feels it helps to increase sustain and minimize dead spots. IIRC. I'm inclined to agree having owned both small and large heel custom 24s

I had a small heel and numerous regular- it is a non issue. No big difference for me. I wouldn’t pay extra for it for sure.

Neck join is different (there's a small lip in the cutaway on the non-Retro) and top carve looks more extreme on the Retro, most apparent in the view showing the upper horn. The knob recesses look smaller on the Retro too. I'd guess the neck carve is different too and possibly the headstock back angle, not shown.

Back