Difference between Private Stock Signature and production Signature Limited model?

OK I think it's high time we had some pics!

Oh, off course.

Unfortunately I´m not much of a photographer, so my iPhone will have to do. Good thing is that the color is pretty correct in these pics.

10142501424_8c44f6da39_c.jpg

10142689186_53ca45ed74_c.jpg

I never really loved the top of the Artist V I traded in for this one. Although it was an artist top off course, the flame never seemed to really "pop" out like I thought it should. The PS top however is pretty nice in my opinion. Maybe the stain job is just a little different, as the Artist V was done in Black Gold Burst. For me, this one has that "popping" effect, if you know what I mean.

Funny.
If it had been a stoptail, I would have bought it right when it first went up on the dealer´s website.
I just was not sure about the trem, so it sat there for a pretty long time.
Now that I have it though, I´m very happy with the trem and really keep asking myself why the hell I waited so long to finally pull the trigger and go ahead with the deal.
I should have just listened to my gut feeling, and bought it when it became available.....

You got a great deal on that guitar, it's in a great colour too :top:

The guitars weren't built in sequence, and yours will probably not have the 'extra' cap. From memory it arrived in the UK around summer time, along with all (7?) of Jeff's PS Sigs, and based on the dates of my guitars the wiring change happened in August/early September 2011.

Re. the tuners, your guitar has the Robson locking open-gear tuners as fitted to all trem PS Sigs. My stoptail has non-locking closed back Robsons.

I hope that helps!

what difference does the cap make to the tone, I have a Sig Ltd with the cap and find the tone with the volume wide open is dark getting brighter as I turn the volume down (the opposite of most of my other guitars, I was looking at the circuit and that cap between the switch and volume in particular as a possible cause just not got round to bypassing it, any thoughts please

what difference does the cap make to the tone, I have a Sig Ltd with the cap and find the tone with the volume wide open is dark getting brighter as I turn the volume down (the opposite of most of my other guitars, I was looking at the circuit and that cap between the switch and volume in particular as a possible cause just not got round to bypassing it, any thoughts please

The volume control effect you're talking about is due to the bright cap on the volume pot.

I think the 'extra cap' on the Sig wiring is a global tone shaper and reduces the very high end of the signal - i.e. it sounds a little smoother. It's like the difference between having a tone control on full or no tone control at all.

Back