Did you see it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

The new Kiesel guitar that they posted on Instagram?

LOL!!!! That didn't take long. Even used a silver one in the post!

giphy.gif
Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

You mean the picture of a guitar model they've been making for over 20 years?

headstock is different from their usual S-type, right? but yeah I get what you mean

The headstock shape changed when the Kiesel kid took over a few years ago.
I bought this one 6-7 years ago...
D5chVOr.jpg

t00uL2u.jpg

Fabulous guitar.... for well under 1K $......

So who copies who copies who...??????

I think of a scene from a Dan Akroyd movie in the 80s called the Couch Trip - he’s a fake psychiatrist...

Modified - “PRS envy, come on, who has PRS envy? Go get on this bus over here, we’ll try to cure your illness!”

Full disclosure- I own a Carvin 12 string electric:D

You mean the picture of a guitar model they've been making for over 20 years?

They have head that headstock for quite a few years.

I've gotten every Carvin catalog since 1979 and never seen that headstock on that body. So the combination of that headstock AND the silver color make it VERY clear to me what they are doing here.

And, I have a Bolt T that was a kit and it's a really good guitar! I'm not a Carvin hater. Just thought it was funny.

I think of a scene from a Dan Akroyd movie in the 80s called the Couch Trip - he’s a fake psychiatrist...

Modified - “PRS envy, come on, who has PRS envy? Go get on this bus over here, we’ll try to cure your illness!”

Full disclosure- I own a Carvin 12 string electric:D

That was a great movie. One of Akroyds best.

I've gotten every Carvin catalog since 1979 and never seen that headstock on that body. So the combination of that headstock AND the silver color make it VERY clear to me what they are doing here.

And, I have a Bolt T that was a kit and it's a really good guitar! I'm not a Carvin hater. Just thought it was funny.

OH!! Yeah, in that sense I get you.

They are a company, trying to make a buck. If people like the guitar and buy it, then kudos to their success

Size 38 crazy. Loved that movie, though it was cheesy.

I have a Kiesel 7. It is a killer axe. I am surprised they went after the SS market though, it's a bit crowded already I would think, and Carvin/Kiesel seems way more of an ugly metal guitar company these days based on what they are posting for sale. Lots of fan frets with crazy finishes.

Probably because most people stick to the "proper" old school Carvin headstock on the Bolt. I agree it was probably a subtle dig by Kiesel, though.

Size 38 crazy. Loved that movie, though it was cheesy.
+Donna Dixon aka Mrs. Akroyd ;)

Probably because most people stick to the "proper" old school Carvin headstock on the Bolt. I agree it was probably a subtle dig by Kiesel, though.

I don't recall ever seeing it even available with that headstock, unless it's a newer thing. But still haven't seen it even in a catalog form them.

Back