Did you play a Guitar Today?? Or just look at a PRS on the wall.

Rockmark

:rolleyes: Wondering if others frequently grab a guitar daily and just start noodling. Do you play everyday? I do just for my therapy if nothing else. Sometimes I think (wow, I should record that) and then just go back to noodling. Plus I wanna feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of some of these. Then I know some work hard during the day writing songs so it's more structured or like getting ready w a set for rehearsals w others. How bout your outlook!! :cool:

I try to play every evening. Most evenings I get to play for at least 30 minutes. What I do varies a lot. I've been saying for a few years now, that I was going to go back to my teenage "learning years" practice of putting on a record (now an MP3) and playing along with it, to polish/relearn a bunch of the stuff I used to play. For some reason I have never gotten around to it.

Pardon this short rant: There is some (a lot of!) truth to the stuff you read about "when I only had one guitar and amp, all i did was learn songs and play songs. But once I started hanging out at places like The Gear Page, I spent more time reading about gear than playing." You can add "and tone testing gear" to the GAS induced issues. Many times when I get a new pedal or amp I spend a week or weeks just turning dials and riffing to see what it can do. Back then, that was called "warm ups!" and then I went right to playing or practicing songs. My norm was to put on a record and play the whole thing.

It seems like I've gotten in a rut of doing more "test playing" than I have learning or playing songs. That's not good and I need to break the rut.

I play every day that I can. If I'm out of town on vacation or a business trip I don't always get to play (I went to a few guitar shops on my last trip to Phoenix to scratch that itch). I'll plug into the pod and play for 30+ minutes a day. Other times I'll just noodle unplugged whilst sitting on the couch.

I used to play every minute available. Now I play about three or four times a week. I miss playing every day. Need to restructure my time.:(

None of my guitars are cased for a reason. I like to see them and grab them and play them. Cased to me is, I understand the sentiment of protecting an expensive investment, but I'll take my chances and play them every day. I obviously can't play them all in my alotted time, but I rotate them and have them ready. I'll probably never play out again at this juncture of my life, but I surely can keep my skills up. Right now, there are two strats and a Mccarty out on stands waiting for me to pick someone up. Also, not cased doesn't mean all "Yngwie'ed" and left leaning on each other in the corner, I have a proper cabinet to hang them all.

I try to at least touch one everyday. I may only get 5 or 10 minutes, though. I'm also with DTR, if I had only one, or spent less time surfing, I might actually learn something new!

i open the case several times a day. if the cat takes a nap in it i hold the guitar for longer.

None of my guitars are cased for a reason. I like to see them and grab them and play them. Cased to me is, I understand the sentiment of protecting an expensive investment, but I'll take my chances and play them every day. I obviously can't play them all in my alotted time, but I rotate them and have them ready. I'll probably never play out again at this juncture of my life, but I surely can keep my skills up. Right now, there are two strats and a Mccarty out on stands waiting for me to pick someone up. Also, not cased doesn't mean all "Yngwie'ed" and left leaning on each other in the corner, I have a proper cabinet to hang them all.

I play everyday. Today it was for about 2 hours. Half that time was warming up/work on technique. The other half was recording guitar tracks on singer/song-writer's album I am doing. It was a good day with the SC245 and a patch I made in the Helix that was inspired by the Fender/Rivera Stage 2 Mod Deluxe Reverb. Fun times!

My wife moved the two Santana’s from our dining room table to work from home today, so I haven’t touched a guitar yet.
Sounds like she needs to be punished. I’ll let you decide what form of punishment she should have, but I do have a couple suggestions if you need them.

Therapy sessions most nights are from 9:30-10:30pm :D

I’ve been having a lot of back pain and migraine pain lately, so I’ve been looking at them the last few days...

...but I’m feeling saucy tonight :)

F05_DB82_A-1_CCA-4_D9_F-87_CE-_B9_C82_C231_B39.jpg

I spent an hour learning "Let it Burn" by Blackberry Smoke for an upcoming gig.

I at least noodle a little most days. I tend to bring a guitar out on the couch while watching TV. Sometimes I just hang on to it and admire it, but I often play a bit before hanging it back on the wall.

Back