Did you play a Guitar Today?? Or just look at a PRS on the wall.

I try to play something everyday but it doesn't always work out, despite me having guitars in my office. Sigh

Almost every day. However, there are a few that rarely get touched, because they are a pain to get to.

qyWZpy

I have pain in my left hand. Starts at the base of my thumb and runs all the way to my shoulder. Been 2 weeks now. I'm not going to aggravate it by playing. Put my guitars away to lessen the temptation.

I have pain in my left hand. Starts at the base of my thumb and runs all the way to my shoulder. Been 2 weeks now. I'm not going to aggravate it by playing. Put my guitars away to lessen the temptation.
Brutal! I hope you find some relief soon! I just started another treatment cycle with my chiropractor (been two years) cause I was getting some pinched nerves where my neck meets the shoulder - very similar to what you are describing.

Brutal! I hope you find some relief soon! I just started another treatment cycle with my chiropractor (been two years) cause I was getting some pinched nerves where my neck meets the shoulder - very similar to what you are describing.

Sucks! I'm going through the same thing right now. Off and on numbness of my right shoulder and through to the inside of my right forearm. Once in a while all the way to my thumb. More off than on, but it still sucks. Started back at the chiro last Monday, and seeing a massage therapist.

I have de Quervain's Tenosynovitis in my left wrist right now that is making playing painful. I just started playing again this year and I am so pissed that I am suffering with it.

If I get any useful information, I'll pass it along. The pain is worse when my wrist is in guitar-playing position. Palm down typing is ok.

(WA Paul...What is the official color name of that second guitar from the left?)

I have a bedroom wall of PRS guitars like that. When I look at them they seem to me to be some sort of a crib mobile made just for old guys.
Even funnier is the fact that I have a PRS Band CD in my Bose wave radio which serves as my alarm clock wake-up noise.
To go full dork, I set the alarm options to play track 6 when my "alarm" goes off, which is a painfully stupid song about getting on your Harley and riding. (I'm a Harley owner/rider.)
I don't get out of bed right away when the music plays but there's one song that I really don't want to hear that forces me out of bed every morning which sounds like it is being sung by Issac Hayes or Barry White.
(Nothing against Issac or Barry, or the PRS Band, I'm just not into Chesapeake Gumbo, especially at 5-something in the morning.)

Oh, do I play every day? Because I don't play everyday, I suck at guitar just as much now as I did in the early 80's. But that's okay for two reasons. 1. I'm a drummer. 2. Guitars are a form or recreation for ME, not you. I do not feel compelled to live up to anyone else's level of expectations. But when I do play, I have fun and that accomplishes my personal mission. :p

I have a bedroom wall of PRS guitars like that. When I look at them they seem to me to be some sort of a crib mobile made just for old guys.

I’ve never been a fan of hanging my guitars on walls, and usually just leave them laying around on furniture.

But my wife got pissed at me for leaving one in her office in our bedroom and made me get a hanger.

Dude, it totally is a mobile for old guys! I spend so much time in bed glancing at it. It’s kinda great.

I play everyday - Acoustic (steel or nylon) in the early AM for about 2 hours. Electric in the PM - time varies. All guitars in cases. I have guitars scattered all over the house & tend to rotate through electrics on about an every 2 month basis.

(WA Paul...What is the official color name of that second guitar from the left?)

Even funnier is the fact that I have a PRS Band CD in my Bose wave radio which serves as my alarm clock wake-up noise.
To go full dork, I set the alarm options to play track 6 when my "alarm" goes off, which is a painfully stupid song about getting on your Harley and riding. (I'm a Harley owner/rider.)
I don't get out of bed right away when the music plays but there's one song that I really don't want to hear that forces me out of bed every morning which sounds like it is being sung by Issac Hayes or Barry White.
(Nothing against Issac or Barry, or the PRS Band, I'm just not into Chesapeake Gumbo, especially at 5-something in the morning.)

Oh, do I play every day? Because I don't play everyday, I suck at guitar just as much now as I did in the early 80's. But that's okay for two reasons. 1. I'm a drummer. 2. Guitars are a form or recreation for ME, not you. I do not feel compelled to live up to anyone else's level of expectations. But when I do play, I have fun and that accomplishes my personal mission. :p

Laguna is the color of my 594. It was hiding out in the UK from the initial batch in 2016.

I’m not a drummer, but I’m not very good at guitar either - my favorite stress relief is butchering my favorite songs :) It makes me happy, and as you point out, I’m only competing against my own expectations, no one else’s. I hope to recover from vestibular migraine so I can get back to taking lessons - my teacher (Ted at TGS Seattle) is an awesome person first, great player and teacher second. It’s good to have positive people in your life. Why I like this forum so much too! :D

Finally got to play today after the 3 weeks of illness. I could tell it too. Hope to get back to playing every day again.

I’ve never been a fan of hanging my guitars on walls, and usually just leave them laying around on furniture.

But my wife got pissed at me for leaving one in her office in our bedroom and made me get a hanger.

Dude, it totally is a mobile for old guys! I spend so much time in bed glancing at it. It’s kinda great.

One of the advantages to having so many PRS guitars is that the cases are all the exact same size and they stack nicely. I got the idea to stack them from that one member here who has like 200 Private Stock guitars or something. Now I stack the cases in the attic where they are out of the way and I keep a Swiffer duster handy to touch up the guitars while they hang on the wall. Having the guitars readily accessible is nice when you want to play one. You spend more time playing and less time getting set up. I keep my amps and stomp tuner just as easily accessible. Flick of a switch to start warming up the tubes, grab the guitar, check tuning with stomp box tuner, one and a half minutes later I'm plugging in to the amp, flipping on the second switch and rolling up the volume knob on the guitar. Fast and easy.

Sorry late to the party...I was playing my guitar ;)You bet I did! I set a bunch of goals when I started in '17. Playing everyday was #1 on the list...I had about a two week gap last December when I waiting on my CR. Since then, I have managed to play/practice several hours everyday...

As far as it being therapy I couldn't agree more! Most of you already know about my physical issues...but I pop a couple of Advil and grab a guitar. I have found that lots of stretches and adding a glucosamine supliment helps me. Plus, I use an old endurance technique called "Just 5 more minutes" in other words...if I can just push myself to do 5 more minutes...I got this...then I do it again....ya gottta keep pushing through the pain...easier said than done, I know..but, pain is something that can break you, or it can make you...it's up to each person to figure that part out. For me at least...playing is the greatest drug known to man imho.

Last edited:
Back