Did you play a Guitar Today?? Or just look at a PRS on the wall.

My outlook:

Did you appreciate the pure acoustic tone and resonance of the guitar? Did you lean back and take in its beauty while holding it. Did you admire the inlays and get an “Art” moment? Did you feel how solid it feels?

Or did you just play it? :p

Almost every day. However, there are a few that rarely get touched, because they are a pain to get to.

A well-swung baseball bat should make those pretty easy to get to. It would, however, shift the pain to the locking-them-up portion.

I try to do some sort of practice every day that I am home with enough time allowed to do so. I keep 3 in the pool house and 4 in the spare bedroom so that it is easy to just grab one. Only keep 2 in cases.

A well-swung baseball bat should make those pretty easy to get to. It would, however, shift the pain to the locking-them-up portion.

They have brothers and sisters that come out to play quite often. I don’t think the caged ones feel that neglected. Honestly, blasphemy or not, the dragons are getting a lot of playing time.

Almost every day. However, there are a few that rarely get touched, because they are a pain to get to.

L4RGO9h.jpg

I play every day. I get up early for work, and have somewhat structured practice in the morning for about 20 minutes before I leave. So, from 5:30 am to 5:50 am I work on something usually using a metronome. Nobody else is awake and I can concentrate without interruption.

In the evening after work I usually play guitar (just noodling around) or work on some aspect of recording/mixing/mastering in my studio. It's a rare day when I don't do something music related.

Just spent an hour working a Blues Guitar Unleashed lesson with my HBI. I'm going to go feed horses and come back and work about an hour on a TrueFire (Corey Congilio) lesson.

I played a couple hours today.

Got "Let It Burn" more or less gig ready. Gig isn't for another week and a half, so I'll try to play it every day till then to commit the muscle memory. That song is a heck of a ride.

Spent some time on other, easier gig songs to get ready.

Left hand is now toast, so I think I'll just cuddle the Goldtop from here.

I try to play every day, sometimes I can get a few hours at a time in. I'm a college professor, I get to play a lot over winter break and in the summer. As has been said - therapeutic.

Got 4 hours in last night. It fed the need for the day. Plus I never played this guitar before. An Employee sc semihollow, braz board, raw blistered Indian neck and special 5708's. Paul Reed personally worked on the electronics and an extra pot was added that causes bleed from within the pups when tapped. Makes it a little like a blend of humbucker and single coil. Plus every available known artist upgrade at the time was done. The employee is an artist relations tech and does Carlos Santanas instruments and tihis is one very special instrument he made for himself. Lots of extra sounds created to play with. It sang like a bird.

Is that Soupy Sales? :p

True story, Soupy was my Dad’s friend; he used to come to our house, and once came to one of my birthday parties, which made me queen for a day as far as my friends were concerned (I was probably in kindergarten). My mother has pics in one of her ancient photo albums.

Soupy’s Show was broadcast from Detroit until the 60s.

True story, Soupy was my Dad’s friend; he used to come to our house, and once came to one of my birthday parties, which made me queen for a day as far as my friends were concerned (I was probably in kindergarten). My mother has pics in one of her ancient photo albums.

Soupy’s Show was broadcast from Detroit until the 60s.

I used to dig his show. Remember those puppets? :cool: White Fang, Black Tooth, and Pookie

Last edited:
Back