Did you know? Santana II is really an SE. Made in Japan.

MichaelS

I'm here for the free kool-aid...
...at least according to this guy:
https://reverb.com/item/19515030-fa...model-2001-in-correct-hard-case-px-considered

"The Santana Signature model was created in 2001" o_O

"This is a 2001 guitar. Within a year PRS had added things like a scratch plate and MOP neck binding. So, this guitar was made in Japan, rather than Korea (where the SE2 models were made). The very first models apparently had covered pickups. This model has open pickups (like the SE2), so, I guess, it was an early re-development. " :eek:

I love Mr. Copy/Paste's attention to detail. :D

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.png

lr2lpq7hegndaxcrzxyd.jpg

I felt bad for him. Sent him a message. Great looking Santana, though.

Well, it's now a proper Santana 2, except the date is still wrong (Santana I was '95 no?), and it's still made in Japan with a 'scratch plate' and binding :confused:

And another thing we weren't aware of, "The very first models apparently had covered pickups. This model has open pickups, so, I guess, it was an early re-development. "

oh, and he added something, apparently he knows better than some of the well-wishing folks giving feedback:
"This is definitely NOT a CORE "SE" made in the USA. Please look at the detailed differences. The horns are a different shape, the tuners are completely different, the back is different (including the signature cover), the fret board inlays are different, that guitar has different pickups and the indents are missing on the top of the cheaper models under the switch and control knobs. The list is endless, including the absence of Abalone decoration. Rant over."

CORE SE, ROFL.

Well, it's now a proper Santana 2, except the date is still wrong (Santana I was '95 no?), and it's still made in Japan with a 'scratch plate' and binding :confused:

And another thing we weren't aware of, "The very first models apparently had covered pickups. This model has open pickups, so, I guess, it was an early re-development. "

oh, and he added something, apparently he knows better than some of the well-wishing folks giving feedback:
"This is definitely NOT a CORE "SE" made in the USA. Please look at the detailed differences. The horns are a different shape, the tuners are completely different, the back is different (including the signature cover), the fret board inlays are different, that guitar has different pickups and the indents are missing on the top of the cheaper models under the switch and control knobs. The list is endless, including the absence of Abalone decoration. Rant over."

CORE SE, ROFL.

I'm gonna message him too, but only point out what he got wrong and let him do the research muahaha

I'd hope someone looking for a high-end PRS knows the difference between wood library and private stock

should have seen it before I messaged. It said "10-top", claimed it was a brazilian neck and board and the color was copperhead burst. Now they admit they don't know for sure if the neck is brazilian.

There was a guy on EBay selling a CE for 2800.00 last year his comment was that these things sold for 5000.00 new

Back