Did you ever have a guitar you thought you should sell but...

did you ever have a guitar that you think you should sell because you never play it, but then you pick it up one last time and ask yourself "why don't i play this amazing guitar more often?". Shake my damn head.
All the freaking time. I have done this over and over again for years. I think about downsizing my collection and then I pull them out and start playing them and decide I can't sell this great guitar and it goes back in the closet. I got really close to selling some and decided I was not going to set down and play them before selling so I didn't rethink it and put it back away. Well, thank you federal government for lowering the 1099k limit. That stopped me from selling them. I have identified several that I think I can make myself let go of but haven't done so because of this. I have had some of these guitars long enough that the receipts are long gone. I can not prove what I paid for them.

I'm having this situation right now. I have 2 CU24's, and a PS CU24 on the way. All 3 will be very similar, except finish of course. Do I need more than the PS? Absolutely not, probably don't "need" it either, but I don't want to sell any of them. In fact, I told my wife if I ever said I was going to sell my 2013 Blue Matteo one, for her to stop me at all costs, but that's the one I'm leaning towards selling the most right now. I have a 35th Anniversary CU24-08, and my PS will be a 24-08 as well, so they'll be very similar, same pickups, same neck profile, same nitro finish, but I want to keep it just because its a 35th Anniversary model. It's tough, neither get the play time they each deserve, but I'm sure I'll suffer seller's remorse soon after.

Here it is two days after my post in this thread and selling guitars has been going through my head again, since posting here. I have completely walked myself back again asking myself why do I want to sell any of them. I own them outright. They are great guitars and not eating anything.

Part of this is also that I received a call last night about doing some fill in gigs for a band I know. This would be really good for me right now. It would get me back up on my playing and would get me out and about and interacting with people again. That made me think that I may need to pull some different guitars out for these gigs because the music will be a bit different and cover more ground than the last band I was in. This is the reason I have the collection that I have. I bought every one of these guitars for a purpose. That made me pull back on the selling thoughts. I think I still have a handful that would not be used for some gigs but you never really know.

Here it is two days after my post in this thread and selling guitars has been going through my head again, since posting here. I have completely walked myself back again asking myself why do I want to sell any of them. I own them outright. They are great guitars and not eating anything.

Part of this is also that I received a call last night about doing some fill in gigs for a band I know. This would be really good for me right now. It would get me back up on my playing and would get me out and about and interacting with people again. That made me think that I may need to pull some different guitars out for these gigs because the music will be a bit different and cover more ground than the last band I was in. This is the reason I have the collection that I have. I bought every one of these guitars for a purpose. That made me pull back on the selling thoughts. I think I still have a handful that would not be used for some gigs but you never really know.
Awesome! Have fun with them all, and enjoy the band for a while. You never know what might happen.

Well...You Could Approach This Situation A Different Way As Well. Settle The Fact That What You Have Is Staying And Close That Door. Go Get Yourself A Guitar That Is Fitting For The New Gig As Something To Motivate And Inspire You For This Season And See How Things Go All While Having The Mindset That You Are Going To Move This New Piece When The Gig Ends. It Shifts Your Thinking A Bit, Compartmentalizes Things And Gives You Something Fresh To Mess With For This Season That You Are In.

Back