Did we see this Silver Sky video?

1. Preamp added. Lembeck (sp?).
2. String tree across all six strings.
3. Thinner finish (the grain is visible).
4. "Prototype Silver Sky" sticker by the bridge.
5. Trem cavity isn't open. Different bridge, different saddles. It looks like a trem bridge, but there's a screw near the hole for the trem bar that looks like the bridge is screwed down. The saddles look a lot like traditional PRS saddles, but I'd have to look at one to verify my memory.

And good lord, way to turn a three-minute video into a 20-minute slog fest. (I skimmed. But not enough.)

PTgZDvB.jpg

I do like hardtail strats! I wonder if the SS radius would be modernized too on a new version.

1. Preamp added. Lembeck (sp?).
2. String tree across all six strings.
3. Thinner finish (the grain is visible).
4. "Prototype Silver Sky" sticker by the bridge.
5. Trem cavity isn't open. Different bridge, different saddles. It looks like a trem bridge, but there's a screw near the hole for the trem bar that looks like the bridge is screwed down. The saddles look a lot like traditional PRS saddles, but I'd have to look at one to verify my memory.

And good lord, way to turn a three-minute video into a 20-minute slog fest. (I skimmed. But not enough.)
Alembic...

I put a Stratoblaster in my SE SS last year. Need to post that.

That only happened because I read an article that PRSh installed a Blaster on one of his first guitars in '79.

The interesting part is this was designed for a Fender Strat. There has been much discussion about the similarity in spec in the SS design to Fender.

The SE SS is close to Fender spec as the Blaster dropped right in and fit the plate hole perfect!

I like D&C and am looking forward to hearing this axe live.

That only happened because I read an article that PRSh installed a Blaster on one of his first guitars in '79.

The interesting part is this was designed for a Fender Strat. There has been much discussion about the similarity in spec in the SS design to Fender.

The SE SS is close to Fender spec as the Blaster dropped right in and fit the plate hole perfect!

'hole perfect'!

That guy is really good at filling 8 minutes of video time with 30 seconds of information. He literally spends a whole minute talking about not knowing what a string tree does.

He also doesn't know what a standard PRS trem looks like. The bridge is a screwed down normal PRS trem.
There are a lot of self-appointed experts on the web, are there not? ;)

"Les, you seem to be one of them."

"Whaddaya mean? I fully acknowledge that I know nothing at all, and that no one should take anything I say as other than personal opinion!"

"Yeah, so why argue with people who disagree with you?"

"Hmmm. Because in addition to knowing nothing, I'm also kind of a dick?"

"Bingo."

There are a lot of self-appointed experts on the web, are there not? ;)

"Les, you seem to be one of them."

"Whaddaya mean? I fully acknowledge that I know nothing at all, and that no one should take anything I say as other than personal opinion!"

"Yeah, so why argue with people who disagree with you?"

"Hmmm. Because in addition to knowing nothing, I'm also kind of a dick?"

"Bingo."

Yeah but you’re a d!ck who knows what he likes.;)

How did you like it? Did it affect the stock sound in the "off" position at all?

Back