Did they close the PTC down?

fgeorge097

A friend told me that the number of services at the PTC has been dramatically reduced. For example, no more neck recarves. Is this temporary due to COVID, or permanent?

I don't think they're doing re-finishes either, except for warranty work. I would put it down to a number of things:
- workload
- Covid
- huge numbers of new guitar orders

I was told no on a color refinish a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly yes, the PTC appears to be closed for all non-warranty work. I was told no on a refinish and modification to one of my 513s.

I wish they'd update their website to say it's closed - I spent hours looking through the site and case studies working out exactly what I wanted to do with the guitar. I'd got quite excited, and it was a real let-down to be told no; it's also a little disconcerting because I'd always had that feeling that PTC 'had my back' if ever I needed it.

Hopefully one day they'll have a rethink!

We’re in difficult times and PRS being primarily a guitar building company, I can imagine that most resources will be directed into fulfilling back orders.
I have to agree with this. The backorder log has to be pretty big. Not sure if they're at full, or partial staff, or rotating shifts.

Seems to be an issue industry-wide. I was at my local pusher last week. Usually they have maybe one or two empty hangers on a weekday, maybe five or six on Saturdays. The front section of the store alone had probably close to 30 empty slots. I talked to one of the guys about it, and he said in normal times, when they sell a guitar, it’s at most 10 days to get a replacement. Now, it’s measured in months.

Seems to be an issue industry-wide. I was at my local pusher last week. Usually they have maybe one or two empty hangers on a weekday, maybe five or six on Saturdays. The front section of the store alone had probably close to 30 empty slots. I talked to one of the guys about it, and he said in normal times, when they sell a guitar, it’s at most 10 days to get a replacement. Now, it’s measured in months.
If they are out of the Madman, my addiction doesn't allow for a lesser grade of product. Hope the Pusher gets some new wares soon!

Back