Did some horse trading recently

WA Paul

All dogs go to heaven
Au revoir:

SC WL w/ rosewood neck
PS DC594 with SC thickness

Bonjour:

PS DC594 with Braz neck - Dirty Blonde finish. Not a color I'd normally go for, but stunning in person. Monster top, monster tone! 594 with rosewood neck is a killer combo. Now just need one with a trem!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pardon the non PRS - Baker B3 originally ordered by Pete

image.jpg

Both about a pound lighter, makes a big difference on my back!

Monster top for sure, well done. Any horse trading tips? There ought to be some details on the trade if horse trading is mentioned. " Well I remember this here one time... "

Gorgeous, and one of my favorite PS colors (I’ve got a Smoky Blonde acoustic, similar but different shade).

Enjoy it!

I did a rosewood neck shootout last night (more empirical scientific research)

Blondie - DC594
Madie (TOL) McCarty Trem
Keilani (Koa Sister) Cu22 stop tail

Blondie and Keilani have braz necks and boards, Madie has Madagascar neck and coco board.

Bridge Pickups are 57/08 for Blondie and Madie, 53/10 for Keilani.

All sounded great (they're such lovely ladies), but Madie has a bit more mids to my ear. Of the two braz necks, the 594 has a bit more pronounced 'scoop' which we know isn't really a scoop, just more bass and highs. Some of this could be the 57/08 versus 53/10, which sounded about the same level of 'hotness' to me.

For the neck pickup, the LT win on clarity, but sound a tad sterile compared to the 53/10.

For those that like the feel of rosewood but the tone of classic hog, the Madagascar might be worth a shot. I've heard similar comments about Honduran rosewood but I can't empirically confirm this :)

Monster top for sure, well done. Any horse trading tips? There ought to be some details on the trade if horse trading is mentioned. " Well I remember this here one time... "

Hmmm...

I find the key is to convince the other party in your trade that:

The horse can be led to water (low bar)
AND the horse can drink when told to do so! (This part seems to cause a lot of deals to fall through)

Sorry, all I got. Please, no long face now!

Back