Did prs ever make a semi or hollowbody with a wide thin neck?

bigbang

Preferably without a piezo option.

If so, I am now officially looking for one!

If not, I'll be sad.

There is an SE model and were several S2 models with the pattern regular neck that is so comfortable. Thought I was a wide thin guy until I tried the pattern regular. You might want to give one a try. No experience with core models.

The SE 22 Semi-hollow has a wide thin neck in the most recent model years. I wish I could get a hollow body with a wide thin. I play the SE hollowbody II with the wide fat and it isn't too bad. The Ibanez hollowbodies and archtops have pretty thin necks.

My SE Cu22 Semi-hollow is my go-to guitar. Today I asked my bandmates - which of the 4 guitars I've brought to rehearsal sound the best with the band. They all said the PRS.

Thanks. I've found examples of all except I haven't seen a ce22 semi. Maybe that was a typo dogfishhead?

The hunt begins. Seems stoptails are a bit less common.

there used to be a semi hollow option without an f hole. the last 1 i seen on reverb was cu22/emerald green/trem/wide-thin.

i have a goldtop/moons/wide-fat and would love to find another. it's mccarty thickness body. most of them i've seen over the years tend to be stoptail.

You can get PTC to carve the neck thinner. My HBI was sent to PTC (before I bought it) and they took the neck from wide fat to wide thin. I just love how comfortable the neck is.
This guitar had quite a few changes. It used to belong to Howard Leese (Heart/Bad Company) and it was sunburst at that time. The top was refinished in a one off color, neck re-carve, "m" pickups installed, and a suede case.
iKPGKjI.jpg

You can get PTC to carve the neck thinner. My HBI was sent to PTC (before I bought it) and they took the neck from wide fat to wide thin. I just love how comfortable the neck is.
This guitar had quite a few changes. It used to belong to Howard Leese (Heart/Bad Company) and it was sunburst at that time. The top was refinished in a one off color, neck re-carve, "m" pickups installed, and a suede case.
iKPGKjI.jpg
Hottie!

iKPGKjI.jpg
They will no longer re-carve necks. At least that is what I was told two months ago.

I also heard a recarve is a no-go. Also I'm looking for a stop tail which I've yet to see in a 24.

That hb1 posted above is incredible!!!

It made me sad. I was going to send in my 594. Instead I ended up selling it.

Oh damn, sorry for the misinformation, well that sucks not sure why they would stop doing that.
I'm guessing because they are so overwhelmed with work they have to say no to something. I searched the forums before buying the guitar and saw an old post from Shawn saying they did them all the time but not anymore.

Back