I‘m going to buy A artist with Brazilian fingerboard
And sales said that it was built in 2007 but leave factory in 2013
'custom built for USA only' is just on the guitar which left after 2013
IS that true?
psc
psc
psc
psc

It's a 2007. I think I've seen that writing on a number of guitars prior to 2013.

Yeap. It is a 2007 that left the factory in 2013.
A number of guitars with Brazilian rosewood were stopped during production, due to issues with the paperwork of Brazilian rosewood IIRC. When everything was solved in 2012-2013 these guitars were completed and sold.
The list of guitars included Modern Eagles, 513s, korina McCartys, West Str. Limiteds,Artist Pack guitars and maybe a few others that I am forgetting...

I’ve got an 2007 513 Brazilian that has that writing, and one that doesn’t. The one without it has a later serial number. Odd things happen. But that marking was definitely on some 2007 and later models that had Brazilian rosewood used in their construction.

I’ve got an 2007 513 Brazilian that has that writing, and one that doesn’t. The one without it has a later serial number. Odd things happen. But that marking was definitely on some 2007 and later models that had Brazilian rosewood used in their construction.
The one without the writing for USA only probably left the factory in 2007 as intended. Several guitars that started life in 2007 have also 2012 or 2013 serial numbers.
I believe this was because several guitars were stopped at various levels of completion. If it was already given a s/n it stayed as a 2007. If it hadn't, it received a 2012 or 2013 serial...

The one without the writing for USA only probably left the factory in 2007 as intended. Several guitars that started life in 2007 have also 2012 or 2013 serial numbers.
I believe this was because several guitars were stopped at various levels of completion. If it was already given a s/n it stayed as a 2007. If it hadn't, it received a 2012 or 2013 serial...
I was told the non-marked one was a prototype for an Artist Series done for show purposes. PRS confirmed it definitely had an odd history, was originally supposed to be one guitar type, was pulled and swapped to another somewhere along the way, without a complete record of what it was used for, so I worked with them to help fill in the record. No surprise it wasn’t marked, except Paul’s signature, and a “To Richard” inscription. Fortunately, that’s my name too so it was destined for me!

Back