Did I stumble onto a "hint"...SE Super Eagle ?

DogPhishHead

While watching this demo, I start to scroll down through the comments and then saw this ?

rN4CaXS.png

Maybe I'm wishing too hard ? Or...could the s-style Mayer introduction include something else that only the MIK plant could keep up with production on ? A SE Super Eagle would fly out of the stores.

Or...I'm dreaming.

Last edited:
While I try to be an optimist, in this case I would say you are dreaming. With the premium cost of ALL John Mayer related gear, I would say that JM may not allow his name to be attached to anything under $4000, lol (exaggeration, but.....).

Of course, that's me just offering my opinion with ZERO factual basis ;)

While I try to be an optimist, in this case I would say you are dreaming. With the premium cost of ALL John Mayer related gear, I would say that JM may not allow his name to be attached to anything under $4000, lol (exaggeration, but.....).

Of course, that's me just offering my opinion with ZERO factual basis ;)
Well his signature Strat sold for $1,499 new, so.........:rolleyes: I'll keep dreaming.

Right on!!! Don't get me wrong - I, too, think it would be AWSEOME! And I am glad that I was wrong about his name/pricing value. Not a fan and don't follow his gear - I just have seen his Martin guitar cost, the Two-Rock and the current PRS offerings, so all I have seen is pricey stuff!!

Well, I asked them to make SE 85/15s and they said the cost wouldn't be worth it it won't ever happen and a year later we had freaking 85/15 SE pickups. I should have got a free guitar for the idea. Later, I told a PRS rep at a concert and he told me they were doing the SE 85/15s and kind of looked at me like how did you know? At that time there wasn't a peep about it. Anyhow, that's a different story. What I'm trying to say is, never think they wont do it or it wouldn't be worth it. Hell, look at the Holcomb. That's a pricey SE but worth it IMO.
I asked for an SE custom 22/24 natural back, satin wide fat neck and either 85-15 or 58-15s they said it wouldn't be worth it but I'd pay the upcharge and I know a lot of people would. That's when I suggested SE versions of those pickups. I will say, Shawn Nuthall (who I normally deal with) is one awesome CS rep and listens to my sh*t all the time. And has helped me with problems many times. I don't want this to seem like I'm dissing PRS service here.
EDIT: I think I may have dealt with a Sean and Shawn now that I think about it. Because I remember Shawn@PRS and wondered if the guy I was dealing with was him and I checked my emails and I swear it was Sean. But, most recently it's been Shawn Nuthall

Last edited:
Back