Did I stumble onto a "hint"...SE Super Eagle ?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by BeerBatteredPhish, Jan 29, 2018.

1. BeerBatteredPhish

BeerBatteredPhish New Member

While watching this demo, I start to scroll down through the comments and then saw this ?

[​IMG]

Maybe I'm wishing too hard ? Or...could the s-style Mayer introduction include something else that only the MIK plant could keep up with production on ? A SE Super Eagle would fly out of the stores.

Or...I'm dreaming.

#1 BeerBatteredPhish, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  2. markd21

markd21 New Member

While I try to be an optimist, in this case I would say you are dreaming. With the premium cost of ALL John Mayer related gear, I would say that JM may not allow his name to be attached to anything under $4000, lol (exaggeration, but.....).

Of course, that's me just offering my opinion with ZERO factual basis ;)

BeerBatteredPhish likes this.
  3. BeerBatteredPhish

BeerBatteredPhish New Member

Well his signature Strat sold for $1,499 new, so.........:rolleyes: I'll keep dreaming.

markd21 likes this.
  4. markd21

markd21 New Member

Right on!!! Don't get me wrong - I, too, think it would be AWSEOME! And I am glad that I was wrong about his name/pricing value. Not a fan and don't follow his gear - I just have seen his Martin guitar cost, the Two-Rock and the current PRS offerings, so all I have seen is pricey stuff!!

5. leokula

leokula New Member

That's a fact!

However I agree with mark... seems unlikely he'd be one of those who wants the less fortunate to have gear with his name on it lol

6. tyfu20

tyfu20 New Member

While it may not be a Super Eagle, I did get one of these last month after watching this video and I'm loving it.

Alnus Rubra, sergiodeblanc and bodia like this.
  7. Tyler

Tyler Afarewelltokings2112

Well, I asked them to make SE 85/15s and they said the cost wouldn't be worth it it won't ever happen and a year later we had freaking 85/15 SE pickups. I should have got a free guitar for the idea. Later, I told a PRS rep at a concert and he told me they were doing the SE 85/15s and kind of looked at me like how did you know? At that time there wasn't a peep about it. Anyhow, that's a different story. What I'm trying to say is, never think they wont do it or it wouldn't be worth it. Hell, look at the Holcomb. That's a pricey SE but worth it IMO.
    I asked for an SE custom 22/24 natural back, satin wide fat neck and either 85-15 or 58-15s they said it wouldn't be worth it but I'd pay the upcharge and I know a lot of people would. That's when I suggested SE versions of those pickups. I will say, Shawn Nuthall (who I normally deal with) is one awesome CS rep and listens to my sh*t all the time. And has helped me with problems many times. I don't want this to seem like I'm dissing PRS service here.
    EDIT: I think I may have dealt with a Sean and Shawn now that I think about it. Because I remember [email protected] and wondered if the guy I was dealing with was him and I checked my emails and I swear it was Sean. But, most recently it's been Shawn Nuthall

#7 Tyler, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018