Did I mention hurricanes suck???

My wife and I were supposed to get a mini-trip to Charleston for a couple nights, part of our Asheville trip to visit her parents. My wife was especially looking forward to it, becoming a mom this year has been tough for her. Charleston is one of our favorite getaways, and we got hitched there. We had to adjust and go to Savannah. Bummer!

Probably just get buckets of rain and maybe some tropical storm level winds at worst the way it's going at the moment.
After going through Hugo, nothing has compared to it yet around here...

My wife and I were supposed to get a mini-trip to Charleston for a couple nights, part of our Asheville trip to visit her parents. My wife was especially looking forward to it, becoming a mom this year has been tough for her. Charleston is one of our favorite getaways, and we got hitched there. We had to adjust and go to Savannah. Bummer!

Sorry to hear your plans got botched! When the forecast was worse, we had considered hauling the band trailer and 4 cats towards Savannah area ourselves...

Also, if you want to fight sucking hurricanes, I recommend sucking hurricanes!

OWyUU29.jpg

It’s like fighting fire with Fire.

Probably just get buckets of rain and maybe some tropical storm level winds at worst the way it's going at the moment.
After going through Hugo, nothing has compared to it yet around here...

Yeah, we kind of expected as much, but with the evacuation orders, we figured it was best to just let it go. There’s always next time!

Heck, I had every PRS and a few other guitars packed in cases and ready to go, along with the 7x14 tandem trailer and the Yukon XL full
of stuff if necessary. and those 4 damn cats... LoL!

Run away. Quickly! Lived through hurricane Hugo in 1989. 8 hours of absolute terror. Oddly, before the storm hit, I always wanted to experience a hurricane. NEVER AGAIN!

Run away. Quickly! Lived through hurricane Hugo in 1989. 8 hours of absolute terror. Oddly, before the storm hit, I always wanted to experience a hurricane. NEVER AGAIN!

Yeah, Hugo was a mother! I never used a chainsaw that much in a 6 month time period in my life... Thought my name was Husqvarna... LoL!

Hope everyone stays safe and the destruction will be to a minimum. Over here on the westcoast of Norway, we have wind and rain all year round, but we don't really have a hurricane season.
Well, there are more winds in the autumn but they very rarely exceed category 1, and it's rare there any loss of lifes directly caused by the hurricanes.

I don't think he was kidding...but if he was...I have a spare room...with wall hangers and an armed guard (me). Just sayin.

Only partly kidding. I do have a spare room available.

We may get some nasties here, too. Last year Matthew did a number on the area. Living in a city that's built in a forest plus above ground utility lines doesn't mix well with high winds.

Back