Dicket Betts 94 McCarty

88prs

OCD for PRS
Rumor has it that Dickey's 94 McCarty was thicker than the production model. That it was as thick as a LP as well as having after market picups.. And, a few McCarty's were sold with this thicker option.. Any truth to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THfvlLb21z0

From what he said, Mick Mars has a couple PRSi that are thicker than a regular McCarty as well...

Isn't the tone knob in a different location too?

dickey20.jpeg

There's a used Dickey Betts PRS at Guitar Center. They call it "the Dick Rig".
The Dick Rig was my guitar I bought it new in the early 90's. I bought it in Miami at Ace music. It was a beautiful guitar with three pickups Hum-single-hum. It was a prototype and on the Hang tag and the registration it was called the Dick Rig. I didn't notice that till I got home. I called PRS and asked them what it was all about why was it the Dick Rig. The guy told me they made several attempts at making guitars for Dickey Betts and "maybe" that was one for him. I knew Tom Dowd the legendary engineer/producerfor the band and he introduced me to Dickey Betts at the Allman Brothers concert in WPB. Dickey signed the guitar for me. Years later I showed it to Paul Reed Smith himself and he disavowed any connection between that guitar and Dickey Betts. I still have some paperwork for the guitar and would be glad to pass it on to the current owner [email protected]

Back