DI for Custom 24 Piezo

CGV

Just got the Custom 24 Piezo. Will be running 2 outputs, with the Mag going to my pedal board, then amp, which is mic’d. I’d like to run the Piezo to a DI box then straight to the sound board. Anyone have a suggestion as to what DI is best/most compatible with Custom 24 Piezo?

Thank you all in advance for your recommendations.

If you don't need preamp controls, look at the Radial PZ-DI box. Let the sound man deal with it, since he will anyway.

Otherwise, Radial and LR Baggs make a bunch of acoustic DI preamps. Choose your favorite.

Perfect. No preamp needed. I’ll check it out. And yes, sound guy will make it sound how he wants at FOH anyway.

Thank you.

I have played many gigs with my piezo guitars running the outputs separately. I run my piezo through either a Fishman Aura or a Fly Rig Acoustic. I prefer the sound of the Aura but like the boost and effects in the Fly Rig. Both sound pretty good going straight to the board. The compressor in the Aura is one of the best I have ever used. You can also use different acoustic IRs in the Aura. That really helps taylor the sound. It also lets you blend in raw piezo with the IR. It is hard to beat IMHO.

I had been playing mine as you described with mostly good results. I looked at preamps and they were very pricey and did not get one. I did have a small Yamaha mixer and started using that as a preamp and it was better.

About a year ago I got a Pod Go. Direct to FOH for both electric and Piezo. I got the proper IR's and now my acoustic tone is AMAZING. So easy, one cable and a flip of the mini toggle. One wireless as well.

Even if you didn't want to use it as I described and used your amp, if you bought a PodGo instead of a preamp it would sound way better and you would have a back up amp ready to go every gig. Used ones are found very cheap. Also great for home practice to save wear on the amps.

Back