DGT Wiring mod?

tonaholic

Curious if there's a way to get the start style tones from the coil tapped middle position and leave the humbucker switching as is? Open to a new switch to facilitate etc

I am guessing you meant to say "strat" instead of "start". If that's what you mean I am also guessing that you are looking to have both pickups tapped when you switch to the middle position. You current wiring does that "as-is". Could you be a little more specific on what you are trying to achieve? I'll help out the best I can.

Yes, sorry, it was sent from my phone and probably autocorrected me.

So anyway, is there a way to get the tapped sound more like positions 2/4 on a strat or similar 5 way? I think it's parallel? So maybe parallel position 2 split but still series while in bucker mode?

Yes, sorry, it was sent from my phone and probably autocorrected me.

So anyway, is there a way to get the tapped sound more like positions 2/4 on a strat or similar 5 way? I think it's parallel? So maybe parallel position 2 split but still series while in bucker mode?
That is something for Skitchy to answer. I do not know how to wire that configuration. Sorry.

I'm still not 100% sure what you are looking for, inner coils in parallel maybe? Your DGT with the coil split engaged already does outer coils in parallel in the middle position.

Please keep in mind you might be asking for more than a standard DGT pickup is wired for. It has an old school braided single conductor wire with one coil split wire coming off it. This lets you do pickup splitting but sort of limits a lot of the series/parallel options that some of the "fancier" wiring schemes demand.

Back