DGT V12 Finish Chips?

Jedi

Hi everyone,

I have been gigging regularly with my DGT Goldtop I bought new about 6 months ago. Upon restringing it up this week, I noticed there
are a few small laquer chips right where the binding meets the goldtop where my arm would rest. I am not a player that worries about nicks or dings, but I thought this might be a little unusual in such a short time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jedi

It's under warranty. Call PRS & they will have you send it to the PTC. That happened to me & they did an AMAZING job on Abby (Siggy).

hmmm - same thing just happened to me... debating whether I should contact PTC or look at it as the start of the "relic-ing".

hmmm - same thing just happened to me... debating whether I should contact PTC or look at it as the start of the "relic-ing".

Yeah....I don't think I will be sending it back unless it gets extreme. Road scars are part of the charm, but I was concerned this was too soon.

Yeah....I don't think I will be sending it back unless it gets extreme. Road scars are part of the charm, but I was concerned this was too soon.

You might want to reconsider that! I love vintage relics and the normal nicks and scratches but, the same thing happened to one of my DGT guitars. I thought the same as you but then it got much worse to the point it just didn't look right. I ended up sending it down to PRS and within 2 weeks it was back to me....... It also happened on my Tremonti.... Sent that back as well......

Just my thoughts....
JP

Look what happened to mine after I sent it to the PTC.......:eek:

IMG_2341.jpg

Back