DGT trem adjustment for 10s

Dondante

2015 DGT
Couple Of questions:

I swapped to 10s and pulled a spring(center spring). The tremelo tilted too far fowrard so I put the spring back on the trim and now the trim angles slightly backwards. Can I adjust(unscrew) the trem claw screws slightly?

There's was some buzz after changing to 10s near the but so I had to adjust the neck slightly.

My action seems to be a little too high now with the 10s.

Do I adjust them screws or does the saddles adjust enough?

yes, you can back the trem claw out to relieve some of the tension that is pulling the bridge back. you can also adjust the 6 trem screws if they are out, but make sure you release the tension on the bridge first. you dont want to twist the heads off of the screws. the stock adjustment is so that the bottom of the bridge is 1/16" from the top of the guitar.

I did get it adjusted but the action seems higher with the 10s on it. Not real happy. My fret hand has a bit of arthritis and can be a little senesative at times so i wanted to go with 10s.

The 2 E saddles are almost all the way down from the factory so I dont think I can adjust those.

I guess ill try lowering via the 6 screws.

I may have to break down and take it to someone.

I wouldn't touch the trem screws except as a last resort. Letting out on the claw should get the bridge level, then tweak the truss rod, like Rider mentioned. These come perfect from the factory, so the more you mess with, the more work is necessary to get them right again. If you're not happy, still, take it to a pro.

Back