Sunset

Fatherjones.com

IMG_4748.jpeg
This one is nice.Though it has been rewired with coil taps on each pickup with two push pull knobs instead of the normal one.

Update as of March 14 – I have learned that the pick ups were also changed to asymmetrical 8k/9k made by hand winder Tom Brantley of North Carolina. He makes amazing stuff. Former Lindy Fralin colleague.

7lb 8.7oz. Good weight. Plays great. And I love this color.

Last edited:
IMG_4748.jpeg
This one is nice. My third one over the years. I got it from a guy who got it from a guy who got it used from Wild Wood who got it from a guy who got it at Wild West. All that from the paper trail in the case. Anyhow, Wild Wood had it on Reverb once, and that post is still visible on the web, and it says this thing came with a quick disconnect harness. Interesting. Also, this one is push pull on each volume ... not the tone pot as per what I thought was normal. Typical reverse order of volumes. Maybe in 2011 they did it that way? Pickups are for sure DGT as they have the wiring signature of those and ... they sound like them. Plus Wild Wood said so, and they know whats up.

7lb 8.7oz. Good weight.
Nice

Makes sense. I will imagine some LA badass bought it with Paul's name on it who signed it at a store visit to Wild West, and rewired it custom, and then sold it to Wild Wood in Denver, where Greg Koch played it maybe, and then they sold it to the last couple of nobodies like me.
May As Well Add Hendrix And Page To The List Before Tim Pierce Used It For The Grammy's And That One Shinedown Record.

:)

Wow. How could Hendrix have played it since he was dead? He's really good. I've never heard of Shinedown.
I Mentioned Hendrix To Add That "Voodoo" Aspect To The Story And Bring A Little Mystery To The Table. If We Are Telling Stories, We May As Well Get Really Far Out There Right? ;)

Shinedown Is A Good Rock Band. This Is The Record Tim Had To "Help Out" In Studio With His Guitar Work. Incredible Record IMO.

Back