DGT STD = GAS killer

watelessness

Those of you who know me might find this hard to believe, but I'm out of GAS.

Maybe it's because BaM is dead. Maybe it's because I have finally come to accept that I will never catch up to Pete's 46 PRS in four years (24 for me). Maybe I have just learned to appreciate what I have hanging on my wall instead of seeking to acquire every shiny new thing.

Or, maybe it's because my DGT STD hit a massive tonal sweet spot that has enraptured me, that has enthralled me, that has so captured my attention that I'm spending a great deal of time learning the nuances of this guitar.

I fear that this may supplant the 2008 DGT clownburst with underwound pickups as my #1. :eek:

My 09 DGT in Tobacco Sunburst did that for me:
1C12D2AC-orig.jpg

until Eric Martin told me about his killer quilt run of DGTs, and I had to get the Orange Tiger Burst one:

orangetiger.jpg

Then I knew I was done.

Until the DGT standards were introduced. I have an antique white one on order. None of my non-DGTs are ever going to get played now...

watelessness said:
Those of you who know me might find this hard to believe, but I'm out of GAS.

Maybe it's because BaM is dead. Maybe it's because I have finally come to accept that I will never catch up to Pete's 46 PRS in four years (24 for me). Maybe I have just learned to appreciate what I have hanging on my wall instead of seeking to acquire every shiny new thing.

Or, maybe it's because my DGT STD hit a massive tonal sweet spot that has enraptured me, that has enthralled me, that has so captured my attention that I'm spending a great deal of time learning the nuances of this guitar.

I fear that this may supplant the 2008 DGT clownburst with underwound pickups as my #1. :eek:

Congrats!

Sorry if it has been futile to try to keep up with me. Sometimes I am am GAS-free for a few days, but it never seems to stick! ;)

The DGT Standard intrigues me, for for now I will have to settle for getting my Wood Library DGT back from the other side of the pond...

I'm loving my DGT Standard - its a stunningly versatile instrument and is also different enough from my other guitars that I'm finding it is really driving me to explore different sounds than I would have otherwise.

My hand was killing me after the first weekend with it - I have 2 other 11-gauge strung electrics, but was bending way more with the DGT than I ever do with those due to the play style it was inspiring. Now, it feels perfect.

Very cool to have something that really makes it for you.

I certainly feel that way about the ones I have!

And it's nice to have the GAS killed, even temporarily. I find the constant buying and selling thing is kind of a dead-end detour from the path to my own enlightenment/happiness, though I don't knock it in others who enjoy that kind of a journey more than I do, and perhaps get more out of it.

The general consensus is that these things destrooy everything else tonally. That just might be my next PRS.....or a 305.....or a 513........

:lol: :roll:

I need more money

David Eaton said:
until Eric Martin told me about his killer quilt run of DGTs, and I had to get the Orange Tiger Burst one:

orangetiger.jpg

Then I knew I was done.

That guitar looks the DGT version of my one-off CU24. What color is the back?

Em7 said:
David Eaton said:

orangetiger.jpg

Then I knew I was done.

That guitar looks the DGT version of my one-off CU24. What color is the back?

I wouldn't call it natural, but it is a tan, leaning towards natural.

I do LOVE Mr Clean!! Even better than the Original DGT's I've owned & played. :geek:
prs_dgt_12186750_f-1.jpg

[youtube:6hckgngi]-AyoGA0xkh8[/youtube:6hckgngi]

Back