DGT Standard

citizen68

New member here so hi to everyone.

I recently became the proud owner of a DGT Standard & just wondered if there is any information on how many of this model were made in 2012?

Many thanks

Kieran

Last edited:
New member here so hi to everyone.

I recently became the proud owner of a DGT Standard & just wondered if there is any information on how many of this model were made in 2012?

Many thanks

Kieran
Hmm...at least two: yours and mine! Congrats on a truly superb choice in a guitar. :cool:

Now, where are the damned pictures??!!

(First, you’ll have to post two more times then drop your photos into a hosting site)

Welcome!

Hmm...at least two: yours and mine! Congrats on a truly superb choice in a guitar. :cool:

Now, where are the damned pictures??!!

(First, you’ll have to post two more times then drop your photos into a hosting site)

Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome @Boogie - there’s a pic of mine in my profile - will post more once I’ve my post count up

They made a bunch but only for a limited time so all things considered, there are not a lot of them. Of all the models I've liked over the years, that is the one I wish I had jumped on. :(
They made a bunch but only for a limited time so all things considered, there are not a lot of them. Of all the models I've liked over the years, that is the one I wish I had jumped on. :(

Yes I found it strange that the model doesn’t get a mention on the PRS site which seems to list every other one! It’d be nice to know I managed to hold out for one of their rarer species - absolutely loving the guitar after just a few weeks use

Yes I found it strange that the model doesn’t get a mention on the PRS site which seems to list every other one! It’d be nice to know I managed to hold out for one of their rarer species - absolutely loving the guitar after just a few weeks use
I’ve never considered them rare, but PRS slathered on the mojo with the DGT Standard. It’s every bit as fantastic as it’s maple-topped sibling, to the point where I’d easily have one of each and not feel excessive for a blatant duplication. Just such a damned nice model!

I’ve never considered them rare, but PRS slathered on the mojo with the DGT Standard. It’s every bit as fantastic as it’s maple-topped sibling, to the point where I’d easily have one of each and not feel excessive for a blatant duplication. Just such a damned nice model!

Yeah rare is prob the wrong word to use but I get ya - ideally I’d have another one with a maple cap but that day can wait! Me happy

ms5BtMU.jpg
vqO1QD7.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful! Way prettier than mine, but then again, I’m not known for stunning guitars. But Mr. Clean sounds fantastic! Sure yours does too.

mrclean.jpg

I have a real soft spot for white guitars -that’s a pure beauty

dunno what I’m doing wrong but my photos aren’t displaying correctly (on iPhone) when I use the image URL - maybe because my post count isn’t high enough yet?

I have a real soft spot for white guitars -that’s a pure beauty

dunno what I’m doing wrong but my photos aren’t displaying correctly (on iPhone) when I use the image URL - maybe because my post count isn’t high enough yet?
Thanks!

Photos need a direct link to work...no dynamic references. That means it ends with .jpg or .jpg, etc. I don’t have an Imgur account, so maybe someone else can be more specific. I think your post count is plenty high.

I just opened the image from the imgur page in a new tab. That gave me the direct link to the pic. It looks like https:/ /i.imgur.com/jMfyPu7.jpg without the extra space between the slashes.

jMfyPu7.jpg

Dude that's a rediculously hawt DGT! DIG!!!

Wait WHAT???How have I missed this one? It's GLORIOUS homie! :)
That old thing? Yeah, it’s been lounging around here for a while or so.

Here it is before a lake party gig in 2013. I’d picked it up earlier that year.
wetgig4.jpg

and at another outdoor bar gig in 2014...
coachmangig1.jpg

Then again at a dive bar later that year...

mrcleangig2014.jpg

There’s gotta be over a hundred of these and half are probably on these boards. They’re easy to miss...boring white guitar problems. ;)

Back