DGT Standard Production Numbers?

22Top

perfectly cromulent
Does anyone know how many of these were made??

Actually, I have no idea. It was a production model for a while, so it didn’t have the limits. Mine is from the first year, 2012.

Edit:
Ok, I was completely wrong! A little research yielded the following from The Way Back Machine:

"The DGT Standard has been in the works for the last year, and I’m really excited PRS is doing a run of these guitars in a bunch of cool colors. My first PRS was an ‘85 all-mahogany Seafoam Green Standard, so this guitar brings everything full circle for me. After playing my DGT’s almost exclusively for the last 5 years, I wanted something that had all the features we worked so hard on with the original DGT, but with the sonic character of an all-mahogany guitar. The all-mahogany guitars are more focused in the mids as a general rule, and have a nice chime and growl as well. Paul and I both agreed that doing an all-mahogany version was the ideal way to get a great variation on the basic DGT without sacrificing any of the soul and features of the original. I got the first prototype at NAMM this year, and I have to say that PRS hit it out of the park once again!" – David Grissom

The DGT Standard will be available for order between February 17 and March 20, 2012 only.

I stand corrected. But I still don’t know the production quantity since PRS doesn’t publish these figures.

Last edited:
Actually, I have no idea. It was a production model for a while, so it didn’t have the limits. Mine is from the first year, 2012.

Edit:
Ok, I was completely wrong! A little research yielded the following from The Way Back Machine:

"The DGT Standard has been in the works for the last year, and I’m really excited PRS is doing a run of these guitars in a bunch of cool colors. My first PRS was an ‘85 all-mahogany Seafoam Green Standard, so this guitar brings everything full circle for me. After playing my DGT’s almost exclusively for the last 5 years, I wanted something that had all the features we worked so hard on with the original DGT, but with the sonic character of an all-mahogany guitar. The all-mahogany guitars are more focused in the mids as a general rule, and have a nice chime and growl as well. Paul and I both agreed that doing an all-mahogany version was the ideal way to get a great variation on the basic DGT without sacrificing any of the soul and features of the original. I got the first prototype at NAMM this year, and I have to say that PRS hit it out of the park once again!" – David Grissom

The DGT Standard will be available for order between February 17 and March 20, 2012 only.

I stand corrected. But I still don’t know the production quantity since PRS doesn’t publish these figures.

Thanks for the reference @Boogie

I’ve also got a 2012.. I was talking to a buddy yesterday and he had never heard from them and asked if it was rare, to which I replied I had no idea.

I was hoping someone with an inside track might have an idea... even to comment on the order of magnitudes that were/were not made.

I keep thinking a Semi or Hollow DGT would be killer... but maybe a 594HB gets me close enough without having to go PS

Thinking along the same lines as you on the semi hollow angle, I opted for a Reclaimed SH Vela when they came out. Now that’s a rare guitar! But with a vintage voiced pickup in the bridge, it sounds a lot like what I’d expect a SH DGT would be like. Spectacular guitar. Both of them are, actually.

Thinking along the same lines as you on the semi hollow angle, I opted for a Reclaimed SH Vela when they came out. Now that’s a rare guitar! But with a vintage voiced pickup in the bridge, it sounds a lot like what I’d expect a SH DGT would be like. Spectacular guitar. Both of them are, actually.

I really liked those and contemplated one for a little too long. It was right before a bunch of things conspired to increase the price of guitars up here in Canada. So in retrospect I should have grabbed it then, and nodded the couple things I was iffy on later.

the DGT was a wedding gift from my now wife. I’d been lusting after one since they were announced. And then this one came north with a signature and some play time with DGh... on top of being a very hard guitar to put down.

Ohhhhh I just saw powder blue in a WW vid. I like that one lotssss

Back