DGT Standard Opinions

strat63

The Torture Never Stops
For those that have purchased the new DGT Standard, what are your impressions. The regular DGT is a great guitar but the all mahogany version is really tempting me.

I really love my DGT STD, Mr Clean.
prs_dgt_12186750_p.jpg

[youtube:399dxolf]6Q1LR78zXWo[/youtube:399dxolf]

I love that guitar and dig the white finish. Chris, thanks for the awesome video. Much appreciated. Ahhhh. Now I wait for a guitar to sell and one of these bad boys are mine.

CR's DGT Standard Demo - Mr Clean

Here's another one w/ MR Clean. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this guitar
[youtube:1xu1sog2]-AyoGA0xkh8[/youtube:1xu1sog2]

I finally had a chance to play mt Frosty DGT Standard last night....I love it. Big fat sound, and I am really digging the feel of the neck.

Was kind of taken back by the split coil tones in the DGT... they are more P-90 like IMO.
Actually, prefer the more hi-fi like splits in my custom 24 ... Seems they can easily get more 'quack' ...
& that's what I need!! :)

lucidology said:
Was kind of taken back by the split coil tones in the DGT... they are more P-90 like IMO.
Actually, prefer the more hi-fi like splits in my custom 24 ... Seems they can easily get more 'quack' ...
& that's what I need!! :)
If you change out the volume cap/bleed to a 102 from StewMac (or wherever) and back of the volume just a hair when you split, you'll get more quack. I love those little 102's. I put 'em in everything now. :ugeek:

crgtr said:
If you change out the volume cap/bleed to a 102 from StewMac (or wherever) and back of the volume just a hair when you split, you'll get more quack. I love those little 102's. I put 'em in everything now. :ugeek:

The number 102 is an encoded capacitor value. The first two numbers are the two most significant digits of the value. The third number denotes number of zeros to the right of the first two numbers. The value is always represented in picofarads (pF); therefore, the 102 translates to 1000pF. As there are one million picofarads in a microfarad (uF), 1000pF equals 0.001uF.

Back