DGT- separate coil taps?

marooned

Just wondering if any DGT owners have changed the master coil tap from the tone knob to two separate ones on the vol knobs?
I’m thinking of trying it in mine, a kind of Paul’s guitar switching without the mini toggles. I’d like to go from bridge humbucker to neck split without having to quickly pull the tone knob then the three way.

I'm planning to do this on my DGT SE, i.e. push-push on the two volume knobs instead of both split on the tone knob.

I do wonder if the tremolo arm is going to be a problem when the knobs are in the up position.
Might have to bend it out slightly if I am inadvertently brushing/pushing the knobs.

I did the mod on my SE DGT. See the thread below:

I did the mod on my SE DGT. See the thread below:

Thanks Mark, really encouraging.
Sounds like you got what I'm hoping for, so I'm keen to go ahead despite being one who doesn't readily mess with his guitars! Just want the versatility I get with my 24-08, and from what you say you got it in bags!

Doesn't sound like the 'up' position got in the way for you?

Those amber knobs do look good - PRS ones right?

Just wondering if any DGT owners have changed the master coil tap from the tone knob to two separate ones on the vol knobs?
I’m thinking of trying it in mine, a kind of Paul’s guitar switching without the mini toggles. I’d like to go from bridge humbucker to neck split without having to quickly pull the tone knob then the three way.
Mine isn’t a DGT, but I did the separate split on my SE Custom 24. Very versitile.

Thanks Mark, really encouraging.
Sounds like you got what I'm hoping for, so I'm keen to go ahead despite being one who doesn't readily mess with his guitars! Just want the versatility I get with my 24-08, and from what you say you got it in bags!

Doesn't sound like the 'up' position got in the way for you?

Those amber knobs do look good - PRS ones right?

Nah, the up position doesn't get in the way. The guitar is so much more versatile. The orientation of the pots were switched as well. The neck volume is in the first spot and the bridge in the second.

The knobs are, indeed, PRS. As silly as it is, just changing the knobs makes the SE look SOOOOOOOO much better.

Not my best video, but here's how it sounds...

Back